Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Phantom27 is keeping up the good workPhantom27 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Repeat SMS Text Notification Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVIERBOND69 View Post
What version of that missed call reminder are you using?
Version 1.2, which seems to be the latest version (at least that I can find).

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
There is a reg entry like what you wrote about, and I will find it again if you really want, but I tried it and not only didn't it work as we would think, but it really messed up a couple other things resulting in a hard reset!!!
Ok, so I won't do that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I use OS Remind Me (for the life of me I can't remember who/where it was posted for me to try) it works GREAT, is small in memory, and easy to use. All you do is check if you want reminders for SMS, missed calls or both, pick a tone, duration and number of reminders. In activating the vibrate function, you need that '11' in the vibrate box, and then just hit 'Hide'.
http://freewareppc.com/communication/osremindme.shtml
I have this installed and it seems to be working fine so far. (after I changed the annoying default sound).

Now I have another problem. Now every time I send an SMS Text message I get the "Message Sent" notification. How do I get rid of that? I did a search and found a registry edit for this topic and found this reg edit:
Disable SMS Sent Notification: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settin gs] Set SMSNoSentMsg to 1

So... Using FdcSoft Task Manager v3.1 I used the reg edit tab and navigated to that location. There is no SMSNoSentMsg. I'm new to reg editing. So far I have only changed values, not added any. Could someone walk me through this? I'm not sure if I add a key, or what. (Why is it called a key?) Another question is what type of value do I add?

Help please.

Edit: I think I add a new value. The Value Name should be SMSNoSentMsg?? The next question is what the Value Type should be? I have a list of options, they are: REG_SZ, REG_DWORD, REG_BINARY, REG_MULTI_SZ, REG_EXPAND_SZ, REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR, REG_RESOURCE_LIST, REG_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENTS_LIST, REG_DWORD_BIG_ENDIAN, REG_LINK, REG_QWORD, REG_MUI_SZ. Then I'm guessing that the "data" should be "1". Is this right?

Last edited by Phantom27; 01-10-2009 at 02:39 AM.