PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 05:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omina i900
Carrier: Vodafone

DJRedLine is keeping up the good workDJRedLine is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Omnia User Questions for Optimization

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppebble88 View Post
I downloaded Spb Mobile Shell and used their installer program to install it...

I was wondering about the skins you mentioned above...Which should I download...I see "Kyro" and "Luna"...Do you download either/or and you get all of the skins listed in their respective pages?

I just don't know how to install them, where to place them, etc...

Also, can the Watcher be installed in My Store?

Thanks a lot!
Download the full package, but ensure it is for the Omnia. The package comes with both Kyro and Luna

Kyro is for dark backgrounds
Luna is for light backgrounds

Install SPB Mobile shell
Download the imarche package and place the whole extracted directory onto 'My Storage'
Browse to the 'spbmobileshellskins' 'scripts' folder and run the 'mortscript' file
then run the 'install WQVGA.mscr' file
choose your setings to your liking
if want to change them again go to programs/tools and run the 'SPB Skins' application

SPBWatcher can be installed on my storage but i think it defaults to memory
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

willieg3 is a n00b

The program Cellebrite.exe is a program we use in Verizon stores that transfers your contacts from your old phone to a pocket pc. The box is called a Cellebrite Machine and for pocket pcs we have to install that program in order to transfer the information and store it in the correct place on your phone. Most phones do not need the program but pocket pcs do require (it was also a program that we used for Blackberry's, but the new boxes don't use it for them anymroe). It is safe to delete the program because the only time it is used is if we connect the phone to the Cellebrite Machine, and if you come in store to transfer your contacts from that phone we will just install it again.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: verizon

aleis is keeping up the good workaleis is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by willieg3 View Post
The program Cellebrite.exe is a program we use in Verizon stores that transfers your contacts from your old phone to a pocket pc. The box is called a Cellebrite Machine and for pocket pcs we have to install that program in order to transfer the information and store it in the correct place on your phone. Most phones do not need the program but pocket pcs do require (it was also a program that we used for Blackberry's, but the new boxes don't use it for them anymroe). It is safe to delete the program because the only time it is used is if we connect the phone to the Cellebrite Machine, and if you come in store to transfer your contacts from that phone we will just install it again.

hey being that you work at verizon...any NEW news on the GPS unlock?

Phandroid!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia
Threadstarter

pppebble88 is a n00b

thanks for the information...

With regards to Spbwatcher...I downloaded the .cab to My Storage and installed it there, but it doesn't seem to be running...Maybe I am missing something, but after you install it, what do you have to do to ensure that it makes Spb Shell run all of the time?

I guess a better question would be "What does Spb Watcher" do?

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRedLine View Post
Download the full package, but ensure it is for the Omnia. The package comes with both Kyro and Luna

Kyro is for dark backgrounds
Luna is for light backgrounds

Install SPB Mobile shell
Download the imarche package and place the whole extracted directory onto 'My Storage'
Browse to the 'spbmobileshellskins' 'scripts' folder and run the 'mortscript' file
then run the 'install WQVGA.mscr' file
choose your setings to your liking
if want to change them again go to programs/tools and run the 'SPB Skins' application

SPBWatcher can be installed on my storage but i think it defaults to memory
Did you guys see that imarche created a wallpaper generator so we can use our own custom images? Works great (once you figure out how to convert the images correctly)!! I posted my new screens in the Omnia screen shot thread!!!

Old 01-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Did you guys see that imarche created a wallpaper generator so we can use our own custom images? Works great (once you figure out how to convert the images correctly)!! I posted my new screens in the Omnia screen shot thread!!!
Could I trouble you to expand on "converting the images correctly"? From what to what? Techniques and tools that might help?
Old 01-07-2009, 02:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonV View Post
Could I trouble you to expand on "converting the images correctly"? From what to what? Techniques and tools that might help?
You know...I really wish I could, but I can't get it right either. All I can tell you is you need to save the images you want as 240x400 and 400x240 (basically it needs to be the size of your device screen), and save as a 16bit BMP file. I use PhotoShop and can't get it right, so I MUST be missing something!!!

MikiBest over at XDA suggested www.imageconverterplus.com/ but that is $50 for a license and thet is a bit much for my blood!!!!

If someone does know how and can fill us in on the 'missing secret' PLEASE fill me/us in!!!
Old 01-07-2009, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

fastevolutionviii is keeping up the good workfastevolutionviii is keeping up the good work

Quote:
thanks for the information...

With regards to Spbwatcher...I downloaded the .cab to My Storage and installed it there, but it doesn't seem to be running...Maybe I am missing something, but after you install it, what do you have to do to ensure that it makes Spb Shell run all of the time?

I guess a better question would be "What does Spb Watcher" do?

Thanks!
Just go into your Today settings and make sure the SpbWatcher box is checked inside the Items tab. Should work after that.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia
Threadstarter

pppebble88 is a n00b

Thanks...I went into the TOday screen and don't see Spb watcher as an option...I also went into the Spb Today settings screen and didn't see anything about it either. Right now, on my HOME HOME screen, I have a 4 tabs across the top from Spb Mobile SHell, and nothing in the middle of the screen...I have a feeling the Spb Mobile is going to take a lot of time to configure, so where could I go for my best option to get started? Thanks a lot!
Old 01-07-2009, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

fastevolutionviii is keeping up the good workfastevolutionviii is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Thanks...I went into the TOday screen and don't see Spb watcher as an option...I also went into the Spb Today settings screen and didn't see anything about it either. Right now, on my HOME HOME screen, I have a 4 tabs across the top from Spb Mobile SHell, and nothing in the middle of the screen...I have a feeling the Spb Mobile is going to take a lot of time to configure, so where could I go for my best option to get started? Thanks a lot!
Hmm... make sure that Spb Mobile Shell is also checked on the Items tab in your Today settings as those are the only 2 I have checked and it works great. The 4 tabs you are seeing leads me to believe Spb Mobile Shell isnt running. The lower right soft key should be the trick.

*** Make sure you are in the Items tab and not the Appearance tab when you go to your Today settings as well.

Last edited by fastevolutionviii; 01-07-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia