PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Lurker

Squantodog is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: A challenge to all gurus: Help me keep my phone!

Cmass, Try this link has a few things that may help.

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/how-to/...ichwhywhen/60/

Note it does have a cab for disabling the black key during a call.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squantodog View Post
Cmass, Try this link has a few things that may help.

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/how-to/...ichwhywhen/60/

Note it does have a cab for disabling the black key during a call.
Cool....an Omnia dedicated forum!!!! I think I will be looking around there for a while!! Thanks for the link!!

Old 01-08-2009, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Threadstarter

Cmass is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
On the issue of M2D, I use Shell, but I have heard good things about M2D in general, and I do remember seeing a landscape fix somewhere...I'll look around for it again!!
edit: OK....I found it, but as I don't use M2D, and haven't even read this entire thread, please report back if you try it for the rest of perspective M2D users....maybe we will post the entire fix in a thread just for M2D users!!
http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-o...ape-manila-2d/
Unfortunately, try as they did, the fix did not work.
The thread author ended it with this:
Quote:
So there we stand. Until a whole new version of M2D comes out with full landscape support, we're in a holding pattern.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:23 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Oh well....sorry, as I mentioned, I don't use it, so I didn't know too much about it!!
Old 01-08-2009, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Oh well....sorry, as I mentioned, I don't use it, so I didn't know too much about it!!
Perhaps its back to Spb.....
The problem with Spb was that it seemed large and did not seem very amenable to customization. I also wanted to add and arrange various quick start icons on the Now screen (that Spb Watcher kept in front) as well as add my own theme to it. Also, I was hoping someone would come up with a toggle that allowed you to quickly access the Today screen.....
Old 01-08-2009, 05:29 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmass View Post
Perhaps its back to Spb.....
The problem with Spb was that it seemed large and did not seem very amenable to customization. I also wanted to add and arrange various quick start icons on the Now screen (that Spb Watcher kept in front) as well as add my own theme to it. Also, I was hoping someone would come up with a toggle that allowed you to quickly access the Today screen.....
I will agree with you a toggle for quick back + forth from Today to Shell would be fantastic, maybe I need to post it in another forum....see if a scripter bites!!!

What quick starts did you want on your Home screen? I basically took the ones I wanted and pinned them to the MRU page for quick access. As for customization....now that we can add our own background image, what else were you thinking?
Old 01-08-2009, 05:34 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

My issue with SPB was the lack of integration. THe Samsung Launcher suits my purposes ok. Now if the integration was a little tighter, I would stick with it.

SPB Watcher feels like a bandaid to me.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
I will agree with you a toggle for quick back + forth from Today to Shell would be fantastic, maybe I need to post it in another forum....see if a scripter bites!!!

What quick starts did you want on your Home screen? I basically took the ones I wanted and pinned them to the MRU page for quick access. As for customization....now that we can add our own background image, what else were you thinking?
MRU page?

What I wanted was a front page (that I see when I unlock the screen) that has icons I want, arranged how I want, with a background screen I want.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Not sure if people know: Google maps just added a feature to find your current location even if your GPS is disabled. They admit it is not as accurate as it uses cell towers........ but still, at least you can use the software for navigation and it is fine if you don't care that your current position is not perfect.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BTW: Oddly, I just found that I had 4 (rather important) voicemails on my phone that I did not see. Is there a way to make the Spb Now screen prominently display that I have voicemail waiting? This is one of those items I would call critical to the basic operation of the phone.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia