PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 12:06 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia Hacks / Tips / Tricks

I have Vito sms chat installed, but its lack of integration means I tend to not use it as much as outlook.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

That is the same app the author of that tweak used. If you followed the registry path correctly and entered in exactly as he did (WITH the quotes...I messsed that part up at first) you should be working great.....would the screen shots he posted help at all?

Old 01-14-2009, 12:29 PM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

It works...just wrong button. Im sure it has to do with Today 2.

I typed it verbatim.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

As long as it works to your liking I guess that is what counts!!

I know this will sound redundant, but you DO use SPB Mobile Shell....right?
Old 01-14-2009, 01:07 PM
The Pusher

Newp. Its not integrated enough for me.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:11 PM
The Pusher

Here is a PPC tweak, but done on Windows Vista.

Want your phone picture to show up under your sync profile in Windows Mobile Device Center?

Simply navigate C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Acti veSync\Profiles\"profile number"

Replace the generic sync icon with one of your Omnia. Then reconnect the device.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:13 PM
The Pusher

Note that the file must be in ico formart and named sync.ico.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:16 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Thanks for that one, I am sure there will be a lot of happy Vista users out there (I haven't been able to part with XP yet LOL).

About the integration tweak...I did notice one peculiar behavior....I had my native MMS/email app open and 'closed' it. With SMS after that the text button opened the native text app not PocketCM. I opened a task manager and closed the MMS app (for real this time) and went back to the home screen and hit the text icon and PocketCM opened again!!! Odd behavior, but as long as it is known, workable I guess!!
Old 01-14-2009, 02:10 PM
The Pusher

Save battery life and memory.

We all know how activesync is a PITA to close, and somethimes will downright refuse to.

This utility kills it off after a sync, automatically.

Install, and soft reset.

ASyncKiller

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...27&postcount=1

Edit: Jury is still out on this one. It works, but AS is back up when the phone resumes from Sleep.

Last edited by Adrynalyne; 01-14-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:20 PM
The Pusher

DO NOT DO THIS TWEAK IF YOU USE XT9! IT DISABLES IT!

Always backup your registry first before tweaking.

Still testing this one. The tweak is originally for the HTC TP, and Diamond but it seems to be working for the Omnia soft kb too (or perhaps its a placebo effect). Either way, it stops me from accidently switching to xT9 all the time. Use at your own risk.

Make keyboard less laggy

Go to start, settings, input.

Choose Samsung Keyboard, and click options. Go to xt9 settings and disable everything.

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Layouts\e001 0409

Modify the values to be this:

Ime File="windows\compime.dll"
Layout Text="COMP IME"

Click ok, wait about 20 seconds and soft reset.

Last edited by Adrynalyne; 01-14-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia