PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 09:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

VZApps are the apps Verizon placed on the Omnis (and others) it is in CAB formay until you hit the icon and then it will install no matter what LOL!!! It has been known to cause issues on the Omnia...the most common being disabling wi-fi.

I would think these suggestions should help you out (especially cleaning + re-routing the Opera cache), but it wouldn't hurt to take it in to be looked at if nothing works.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: PM

elissar is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to elissar

Hello!
How to change M.IP settings оn OMNIA?
OMNIA + QPST?
Old 01-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintkaputt View Post
Thanks guys! Appreciate it a lot... What are VZapps? And do you think if I bring my phone down to the SAMSUNG centre, they will be able to rectify this problem if all of your suggestions failed to help?
I know doing a hard reset is a drastic measure, but I think its the best way to insure a clean start...also...with activesync...I set mine to only import my contacts, calender and my mobile favorites...and I manually transferred all my music, pics, and etc. to the my storage card...I don't know what bringing ur phone in would do bcuz there really isnt a problem, you just have too many thing loaded to ur phone memory...
Old 01-28-2009, 10:59 AM
DeRiggi

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I couldn't find anything else on this, so maybe someone can help. I want to disable the green "call" button on the front of the phone. I have the S2U2 app, and i have hit the green button on a few occasions when pulling the phone out of my pocket. I would prefer to only use the slider to answer calls. The only things i am running right now besides the S2U2 is SPB MS and would prefer something that does not interfere with the SPB MS interface.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRiggi View Post
I couldn't find anything else on this, so maybe someone can help. I want to disable the green "call" button on the front of the phone. I have the S2U2 app, and i have hit the green button on a few occasions when pulling the phone out of my pocket. I would prefer to only use the slider to answer calls. The only things i am running right now besides the S2U2 is SPB MS and would prefer something that does not interfere with the SPB MS interface.
If I'm understanding you correctly, you don't want the front buttons to "wake up" the phone accidentaly. Go to Settings/Personal?Buttons/Wake up Tab. Choose "Power Button Only".

Then in "S2U2 Settings", goto the "Phone" section, enable "Slide to Answer" to ALWAYS, and disable the S2A Answer & End screen keys.

Now, only the Slider will answer your calls.
---- Former Verizon XV6700
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:17 PM
DeRiggi

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamon17 View Post
Go to Settings/Personal?Buttons/Wake up Tab. Choose "Power Button Only".

Then in "S2U2 Settings", goto the "Phone" section, enable "Slide to Answer" to ALWAYS, and disable the S2A Answer & End screen keys.

Now, only the Slider will answer your calls.
That did it!!! Thank you very much. This is why i love this forum!!
Old 01-30-2009, 01:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, xv6700

iceberg8685 is a n00b

Any reason why I can't find my music files when i use the Touch Player? I have the music files on the storage card. If I use WP, I am able to find and play the music files from the storage card. It seems that the only way I can use the Touch Player is if I load the music files onto the device memory.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:28 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Did you click Update to update the library?
Old 01-30-2009, 05:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, xv6700

iceberg8685 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Did you click Update to update the library?

Yup...did the update search in Touch Player and it would only find music files on the device itself and not the storage card.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I have a feeling it is hard-coded to only use files on the actual device itself. Unless there is a reg setting that can be changed I think there is no way around it. Makes sence in a way considering there is 8GB of memory included...you don't see a memory card slot on the iPhone.

You never know, I bet someone will figure it out!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia