PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 07:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Solange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXELDENT View Post
Adrynalyne, another naive question. If I want to backup my phone with Resco, after the backup, if I need to do a hard reset, won't that get rid of the Resco program also and lose my backup info? How can I prevent that from happening, and, if I want to restore my info back to the phone, what steps do I take? Thanks as always!
Ive wondered that as well. Let us know Adrynalyne.

I will take a guess though. You dont really do a hard reset, you just go into Resco Backup and hit "Restore", and it does it's own hard reset excluding the program itself and it's files. Or something like that.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:27 PM
The Pusher
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

When you make your first backup, Resco copies itself to where you save the backup, so that when you want to restore...you can!

Then when you do a hard reset, you can restore by starting resco.

If you want just part of your backup, you choose partial restore.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

EXELDENT is a n00b

Thanks Adrynalyne, but where is a good safe place to save the backup? Are there places that you can choose where you won't see the Resco program after a hard reset and therefore not be able to restore anything?
Old 04-16-2009, 11:57 AM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I use a Storage card.

Also, you can back it up on our PC, as well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:27 PM
Lurker

dukeofearl is a n00b

Hello everyone, I'm new. I'm having trouble with my optical joystick, it randomly flicks around the screen and I have no control over it at all. It often occurs when i pick up the phone and lasts for several seconds. It doesn't matter whether I change it to a Mouse pointer or 4-way Navigation as both options randomly flicker around the screen. As I never use either of these options can someone offer a solution to disable the button completely. Perhaps a registry setting...thanks in advance
Old 04-25-2009, 09:03 AM
N00b

cobra04972tx1 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to cobra04972tx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnlahaze View Post
Today on my phone I noticed that when I go to the Connection Manager, my phone only displays Bluetooth and Phone. The Wifi connection is gone. I've restarted the phone a few times, but no luck. If I go into the list of devices I see a WLAN drive, but for some reason it looks like it isn't enabled.

Any ideas?
Install WiFiRouter, nice little app that turns the Omnia into a Wifi hotspot, it has a function, crash cleanup, that after its done and a soft reset will restore your WLAN. Mine did that crap too, you have the i910 on Verizon? I think it has something to do with them jacking with the phone to try and keep us from using it as a modem and forcing us to pay for tethering.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

Parasomia is a n00b

Hey guys,

I'm new here, but I have been reading for a week or so (which is about the same time I got my Omnia). So a little over a week of using this phone and I really like it. I completely plan on keeping it! Of course the curiosity/change bug hit me and I HAD TO flash it with the new Rom that unlocks the GPS! Nice! However, I have run into some things that I find kinda meh. Maybe some of these have been answered, but I've not seen much.

This is just with the flashed Rom that was released (haven't used any cooked roms). Is there any difference between the XT9 keyboard/phonepad and the original Samsung Keyboard/phonebad? It doesn't look like it, but I've found using Txt9 more of a pain with this. Spelling out a word it doesn't know brings up the Add Word option, however if you hit it it just vanishes.... strange. I've also noticed when I get text messages now, they tend to add up. Meaning - Say I get 3 text messages from one person. I go and look at them. Well, it will only act as if one text messages was viewed. I then have to go back out and back in. Before it was simply going in once and showing them all as viewed. This is a big annoyance.

I think the Rom adds a lot of good stuff though. I am trying out Iguidance and so far I enjoy the GPS unlocked (and I'll need to use it soon). Hmm, is it me or is the accelerometer a bit strange now. This could honestly be me since I've not had it for long, but I thought before if I layed the phone on a flat surface (desk) and turned it - it would kick in. Not the case now as it has to be held upright and then moved in a direction for it to kick in (once again could just be me).

I suppose it is all minor things, but I figured I'd see if anyone else had any issues or solutions (I text a lot). I know as of right now there is no going back to original Rom. I just hope Verizon releases an update soon with the GPS unlocked... as they possibly said they would.

Any help/ideas/thoughts are welcomed. I am glad to have found a forum like this! A lot of helpful and cool folks here. Thanks!
Old 05-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasomia View Post
Hey guys,

I'm new here, but I have been reading for a week or so (which is about the same time I got my Omnia). So a little over a week of using this phone and I really like it. I completely plan on keeping it! Of course the curiosity/change bug hit me and I HAD TO flash it with the new Rom that unlocks the GPS! Nice! However, I have run into some things that I find kinda meh. Maybe some of these have been answered, but I've not seen much.

This is just with the flashed Rom that was released (haven't used any cooked roms). Is there any difference between the XT9 keyboard/phonepad and the original Samsung Keyboard/phonebad? It doesn't look like it, but I've found using Txt9 more of a pain with this. Spelling out a word it doesn't know brings up the Add Word option, however if you hit it it just vanishes.... strange. I've also noticed when I get text messages now, they tend to add up. Meaning - Say I get 3 text messages from one person. I go and look at them. Well, it will only act as if one text messages was viewed. I then have to go back out and back in. Before it was simply going in once and showing them all as viewed. This is a big annoyance.
I don't use Xt9 but . . . have you tried highlighting the word you want to add and then hitting 'Add Word'?
The messaging bug will probably be fixed in the final release but in the meantime try turning off threading. Settings/System/Text Message conversation mode off.

Quote:
I think the Rom adds a lot of good stuff though. I am trying out Iguidance and so far I enjoy the GPS unlocked (and I'll need to use it soon). Hmm, is it me or is the accelerometer a bit strange now. This could honestly be me since I've not had it for long, but I thought before if I layed the phone on a flat surface (desk) and turned it - it would kick in. Not the case now as it has to be held upright and then moved in a direction for it to kick in (once again could just be me).
Try adjusting the accelerometer sensitivity. Settings/System/Motion Sensor.

Quote:
I suppose it is all minor things, but I figured I'd see if anyone else had any issues or solutions (I text a lot). I know as of right now there is no going back to original Rom. I just hope Verizon releases an update soon with the GPS unlocked... as they possibly said they would.

Any help/ideas/thoughts are welcomed. I am glad to have found a forum like this! A lot of helpful and cool folks here. Thanks!
Ted

Melancholia by Verizon SCH-i910
Adryn CF03 V2.0 8GB/16GB µSDHC
WM 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.23008 (23008.5.3.0)

Another Proud Member of FA. Time since last relapse: < One Day (at a Time).

If somebody helped you please click the button in the bottom right corner of their post.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

Parasomia is a n00b

Hey xpostech,

Thanks for responding. I changed it out of conversation mode for now. I love conversation mode, but that was annoying. I'll stick with this and hopefully things get fixed later on. No big deal.

I had changed the sensitivity before but I just took it up another notch. It works ok. Can't honestly complain too much. I'll wait for an official rom or an updated rom with some fixes.

Thanks for the ideas!
Old 05-08-2009, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

EXELDENT is a n00b
Angry Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Has anybody come across a way yet to get rid of that damn Low Battery Alert beep every minute once the battery level gets down to 20%? Is there a registry change that can eliminate it? Thanks.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia