PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Having an odd issue with the headset jack/fm antenna. I plugged it in and put in a random pair of earphones, turned on brain zapper. Worked okay for like a minute then the sound just cuts out. I started the FM radio, worked fine. Turned off radio, put touchplayer back on, worked again...for a minute, then sound cuts out again. WTH!
Old 04-08-2009, 12:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

cobra04972tx1 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to cobra04972tx1

I'm relatively new, and definitely a newbie when it comes to hacking the Omnia. My Omnia is really upsetting me. I have downloaded several apps from this site. Whne I get SMS messages, and try to delete, the phone locks. when reading emails, it locks. I tried adding the Sirius player, but can't log on, even though I'm using my correct online log on and password. My microsoft voice command will not play incoming call announcements over my BT headset, even though it will play everything else. Any help will be appreciated. Also, I no longer have a contacts icon anywhere, I have my phonebook, but not the contacts which lets you search alphabetically.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

seanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good work

Every night at 11:59 PM with about 15-30 seconds to go before the clock strikes midnight, the Omnia wakes up for no apparent reason. No alarms, notifications, anything like that.

It's annoying, especially when I'm trying to sleep.

Anyone seen anything like this or know of a way to fix it?
Old 04-08-2009, 01:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

mjd5011 is a n00b

Hello all, this is my first post here (I've been reading a lot of problems and solutions here, so thanks a lot!) and I am having problems with the audio player(s) on my Omnia i910. Due to problems with the Touch Player using up all the storage on my memory card (is there a fix for that?), I have started using S2P instead. Ever since I started using it, all of the audio files are accompanied by an identical file that is preceded by "._" that appears useless, yet cannot be found when I search the memory card. I have contacted the S2P developers and they say it is not the cause and another program must be creating the files, so I was wondering if anybody else has encountered the problem and if anybody has a solution. The files don't seem to be detrimental, but they cause the player to pause when it tries to play and makes finding songs frustrating since I have to scroll through twice as many files. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

seanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd5011 View Post
Hello all, this is my first post here (I've been reading a lot of problems and solutions here, so thanks a lot!) and I am having problems with the audio player(s) on my Omnia i910. Due to problems with the Touch Player using up all the storage on my memory card (is there a fix for that?), I have started using S2P instead. Ever since I started using it, all of the audio files are accompanied by an identical file that is preceded by "._" that appears useless, yet cannot be found when I search the memory card. I have contacted the S2P developers and they say it is not the cause and another program must be creating the files, so I was wondering if anybody else has encountered the problem and if anybody has a solution. The files don't seem to be detrimental, but they cause the player to pause when it tries to play and makes finding songs frustrating since I have to scroll through twice as many files. Thanks in advance.
Have you tried syncing it with your PC and looking at the "hidden" files?
Old 04-08-2009, 09:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

brnlahaze is just getting started

Today on my phone I noticed that when I go to the Connection Manager, my phone only displays Bluetooth and Phone. The Wifi connection is gone. I've restarted the phone a few times, but no luck. If I go into the list of devices I see a WLAN drive, but for some reason it looks like it isn't enabled.

Any ideas?
Old 04-08-2009, 09:39 AM
N00b

bramay is just getting started

I wonder if re-programming your phone via *228 would put it back?
Old 04-08-2009, 09:58 AM
N00b

Re-programming didn't bring it back.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:08 AM
N00b

bramay is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnlahaze View Post
Re-programming didn't bring it back.
Can you select the WLAN Drive and activate it? Last resort.....Hard reset....I don't have my phone with me, so I can't really see for myself...

Last edited by bramay; 04-08-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:52 AM
N00b

I was hoping to avoid the hard reset option

But, that might be a good time to re-create my list of apps to install that I know I like and not have a bunch lingering around.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia