PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Talking Official Specs of Samsung Omnia...

Here are the specs for the Samsung Omnia...
  • 240x400 screen
  • Windows Mobile 6.1
  • 5mp Camera
  • 624 MHz Processor
  • 128 RAM (sigh), but 8gb onboard storage
  • TouchWIZ interface
  • Opera 9.5 Browser
  • WiFi, Bluetooth, EVDO
  • GPS
  • DIVX support
The release date for the phone is 11/26/08 for online ordering and 12/8/08 for in-store release...

The price is $249.99 after all rebates.

Found this at the link below...

http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ve...sung_omni.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 1.jpg (7.8 KB, 80 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:08 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: Official Specs of Samsung Omnia...

I just saw this on engadget. http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/25/v...ia-for-249-99/

I've wondered if I'd like this more than my touch pro.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

I just ordered it! I cannot wait to get this.

I think this could be the iPhone killer!?!? The interface looks very interesting, 5 MP camera, 8 gig onboard and ability to expand via microsd...something the iPhone cant do. This will make this device more useable and expandable, whereas expanding the iPhone requires buying a new iPhone!

Will be here on Monday.

Steve
Old 11-29-2008, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

myhollowworld2 is becoming a great contributor

I never understood why people say an iPhone killer. Frankly, if you ask me, the iPhone's been dead. But I hope you like the Omnia, let us know. It looks interesting.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
I just ordered it! I cannot wait to get this.

I think this could be the iPhone killer!?!? The interface looks very interesting, 5 MP camera, 8 gig onboard and ability to expand via microsd...something the iPhone cant do. This will make this device more useable and expandable, whereas expanding the iPhone requires buying a new iPhone!

Will be here on Monday.

Steve
Steve

We need some serious rom development for the Omnia, its a great phone.
Its got the cool if its ringing put it face down to silent, just like the Diamond and Pro.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Here are some more specs for you guys

112 x 56.9 x 12.5 mm - 127 grams in weight - 3.2 Inch TFT touchscreen (65K colors, 240 x 400 pixels) - Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate - Handwriting recognition - MP3 & Polyphonic Ringtones - Vibration – Near enough unlimited entries and fields, Photocall (Phonebook) - Call records Near enough unlimited - 8 GB internal memory plus microSD (TransFlash) Card slot up to 16GB - 128 MB RAM, 256 MB ROM - 624MHz Marvell PXA312 processor - WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11b/g - Bluetooth v2.0 with A2DP - USB v2.0 - Microsoft Window Mobile 6.1 Professional OS - WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML, RSS feeds - SMS, EMS, MMS, Email, Instant Messaging - Games + Java downloadable - 5 MP Camera (2592х1944 pixels, autofocus, image stabiliser, video, flash; secondary videocall camera) - Built-in GPS receiver - MP3/AAC/AAC+/WMA/OGG/AMR player - Java MIDP 2.0 - FM Radio with RDS - DivX/XviD/WMV/MP4 player – MS Office document viewer - Voice memo - TV Out - Built-in handsfree - Standard battery, Li-Ion 1440 mAh

Last edited by kyrumo; 11-30-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
Steve

We need some serious rom development for the Omnia, its a great phone.
Its got the cool if its ringing put it face down to silent, just like the Diamond and Pro.
I am loving mine so far. Its very nice and feels great in your hand. Its a little thicker than the iPhone but not too much. All in all a very good phone. I am working on closing some Vogue GPS stuff, but once done my concentration goes to the Omnia.

Steve
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

jimd144 is keeping up the good workjimd144 is keeping up the good work

iPhone Killer???

Let's see
iPhone 480x320
Omnia 240 x 400

iPhone = linux
Omnia = Windows

iPhone =World standard GSM
Omnia = CDMA

iphone $199 or $299 for 16GB
Omnia $199

iphone = millions of colors
Omnia = 64K

iPhone camera = lame
Omnia = 5MP flash
Old 12-03-2008, 01:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTP Touch Pro
Carrier: The Communist Lockdown

scott@mac-pc-assist.com is a n00b

I just have three MAJOR questions:

My HTC TP is locked down to no end.

I cannot get integration between outlook and the navigation, something my Mogul did without a complaint...if Sprint had service here, I might actually have stayed with them...

Will the Samsung have integration between outlook and the navigation?

Will the GPS be so locked that I cannot use other programs for the same purpose?

Will the BT stack aslo be crippled to the point of retardation and not hook to my laptop or desktop?

I started with the Storm, that is a disaster waiting for a lawsuit. VZ sent me an HTC Touch, nice, but the screen is damn small and I can't even get my home city into weather or navigate without copying my client data onto paper and then back into the same device...!!! That is a waste of effort and time.

So, now I wonder what phone has a touch screen, PDA, Nav, Bluetooth...and they work together...
Old 12-03-2008, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint 4G EVO
Carrier: Sprint only connects calls ppcgeeks for all else

micro254 is keeping up the good workmicro254 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to micro254

i played with the omnia and i hate it with a passion

Coz Boogie Militia
Special Ops--PPC Division