PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

kgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Issues with 2.1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayryyn View Post
Amazing! This worked like a charm! Thanks!
ill be flashing when i get home tonight, but one question does slacker and pandora still sound crappy, like the bass is up way too high? I could get last.fm to sound good but the music on last.fm is pretty bad in comparison. thanks
Old 04-09-2010, 07:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ayryyn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post
ill be flashing when i get home tonight, but one question does slacker and pandora still sound crappy, like the bass is up way too high? I could get last.fm to sound good but the music on last.fm is pretty bad in comparison. thanks
Both Slacker and Pandora sound fine to me.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

outerpip is a n00b

Pandora working good so far with the gateway tweeking. Gonna let it run for a while to see if the quality is better than before.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The only issue I have run into is in Hotmail, I cannot save a photo attachement. I can view it, not save it to the SD card.

One (of the many) things I did gain is that my BT headset (Plantronics Voyager pro) pairs much better with 2.1, way better then before.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

ayryyn is a n00b

Found yet another issue. In order to personalize my moment I download images to be set as my background. With the stock 1.5 I was able to set my background and have a much larger freedom with the crop tool. For example iIwould be able to to have a non restricted cropping tool. Now with the 2.1, the cropping tool is much more restrictive. Both the horizontal and vertical resize are locked together
If I move the resize crop vertically, then the horizontal moves too. One of the images that fit perfectlly in 1.5 no longer fits in 2.1. I can only get roughly half the image as the background. Any idea what i can do to fix this?
Old 04-12-2010, 07:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post
I installed Pandora awhile ago and it sounded like this for me. Everything sounded washed out and the treble was really high too. I'm running everything stock. Uninstalled it shortly after cause of the poor sound quality.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Lurker

calvinko is a n00b

I have problem after flashing 2.1 that the Data will stop working and I will have to reboot my phone. Voice is working.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

outerpip is a n00b

I think alot of us had the lockup with CL14 also, at least, I did. And I do still continue to have it. I believe it's been suggested that you run SetCPU and set the processor max to a bit less that 800. It's been advised to use it when running with wireless tethering, but I would think it would help out with data lockup with normal data use as well.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Lurker

lleinado is a n00b

It sounds like you backed up the phone system and data in CL14 (Android 1.5) which I believe does not work with the newest 2.1. Android. Remember, you missed 1.6, 2.0, and went to 2.1
Of course your files will all work (pictures and such...) but your folders are a little different with new ones added into the SD card. It also sucks that you bought apps for 1.5 and may need to re-purchase them in the 2.1 market - they are different (cupcake, doughnut and now eclair.)
Old 04-23-2010, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

stparker38 is a n00b

I flashed and then loaded DD03. My Pandora, youtube, and Sprint TV all stream wonderfully... better than before. Faster start and nonstop play. I've had this loaded for about a week now and I have not run into any issues. Seems as if I'm getting longer battery usage. I was able to get the live wallpapers and those have worked fine as well. I guess the other issues are with things I don't use.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment