PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 12:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ayryyn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Issues with 2.1?

Now, I know that there are a couple of other threads dealing with the leaked 2.1 release but, I haven't seen any about issues dealing with 2.1.

I successfully updated and rooted 2.1 no problems, but:

1. None of my streaming music apps are working - Pandora, Grooveshark, or Slacker. They start up fine, appear to play because the album art shows up, but after a few seconds they will say "Unable to retrieve music" or similar. This happens on both WiFi and EVDO. Any ideas?

2. Most of my paid apps are not appearing in the download portion of Android Marketplace. In fact, the two that I use the most frequent are not even listed when I search for them. Help?

If I don't hear about any possible resolutions, I will reflash without rooting to see if that will work.

EDIT: Rerooting did not help. SAShady - Would this be an issue even if I have tried BOTH WiFi or the data connection on the phone?

Last edited by ayryyn; 04-09-2010 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Response
Old 04-09-2010, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

SAShady is keeping up the good workSAShady is keeping up the good work
Re: Issues with 2.1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayryyn View Post
Now, I know that there are a couple of other threads dealing with the leaked 2.1 release but, I haven't seen any about issues dealing with 2.1.

I successfully updated and rooted 2.1 no problems, but:

1. None of my streaming music apps are working - Pandora, Grooveshark, or Slacker. They start up fine, appear to play because the album art shows up, but after a few seconds they will say "Unable to retrieve music" or similar. This happens on both WiFi and EVDO. Any ideas?

2. Most of my paid apps are not appearing in the download portion of Android Marketplace. In fact, the two that I use the most frequent are not even listed when I search for them. Help?

If I don't hear about any possible resolutions, I will reflash without rooting to see if that will work.
EVDO is still locking up AND some of the paid apps are for 1.5 only.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:42 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

what version of the root are you using?
Old 04-09-2010, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

kgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good work

because of the streaming issues i went back to caulkins 1.5. untill the streaming is working its useless for me. even youtube wouldnt work. other than that most everything else was ok. ill wait til the official and then even once that is rooted even better
Old 04-09-2010, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

chibucks is keeping up the good workchibucks is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post
because of the streaming issues i went back to caulkins 1.5. untill the streaming is working its useless for me. even youtube wouldnt work. other than that most everything else was ok. ill wait til the official and then even once that is rooted even better
FYI - this was posted on androidforums...

Quote:
As for streaming applications like Pandora and TuneWiki you'll have to disable Multimedia gateway (new feature in 2.1 rom) .It works fine after that:

phone > Dialer > ##3282# > Multimedia > Enter "MSL" > You will see RTST Proxy, HTTPPD Proxy > modify every list > set Address with "0.0.0.0", port with '0'.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAShady View Post
EVDO is still locking up AND some of the paid apps are for 1.5 only.
The problem isn't so much that apps are 1.5 only, but that copy protected apps aren't showing up because this build has not been officially registered with google due to it's test nature.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

kgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibucks View Post
now what if i dont know my MSL, also when the official sprint rom comes out will it put the kernel back to theirs or will my root stay in place? Sorry been dealing with WinMo for 6 years so im just now learning Android lol
Old 04-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

interesting, I never stream, and have only used free apps. I have not run into the issues then. It seems EVDO is stable and has not locked up on me.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

chibucks is keeping up the good workchibucks is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post
now what if i dont know my MSL, also when the official sprint rom comes out will it put the kernel back to theirs or will my root stay in place? Sorry been dealing with WinMo for 6 years so im just now learning Android lol
1) you can get your MSL either by talking to sprint or, this is how i did it:

download connectbot from the market (free app)

open up connectbot and type:

"getprop" (without the ")

look through all the information it spewed out and look for the 6-digit number after [ril.MSL] - that is your MSL number.

2) the kernel will be back to theirs if you install it - you'll most likely lose root since they typically wipe everything. (you could wait for the 'custom' official 2.1 ROM).
Old 04-09-2010, 06:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

ayryyn is a n00b
Talking Re: Issues with 2.1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibucks View Post
Amazing! This worked like a charm! Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment