PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Haus Intrepid Tips and Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp0213x View Post
I am trying to find what reg key to disable the outgoing alert at the sent message splash screen. You mentioned earlier that you didn't get a sound when your message has been sent. The sound I get is the "stk_call_waiting"

My current sound settings are turned on and I have programs and notification(alarms, reminders) checked off.
When I turn sounds on for receiving a new TXT I get that sound (it's the default). But I don't get it when sending, only when receiving a new one. Just tested my sending to myself. No sound while "sending 1/1", 30 seconds later, I heard stk_call_waiting beep while the message came in.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Intrepid

jp0213x is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
When I turn sounds on for receiving a new TXT I get that sound (it's the default). But I don't get it when sending, only when receiving a new one. Just tested my sending to myself. No sound while "sending 1/1", 30 seconds later, I heard stk_call_waiting beep while the message came in.
I will try to doing a hard reset on my phone and doing everything from scratch.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: sprint

1sae is keeping up the good work1sae is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedtlogan View Post
Thanks for the replies, Haus, but I'm still getting a sound when I make a call, after dialing when I hit the Green phone button to call someone, I get a single "ding!" every time.

I also can't get the startup/shutdown sounds to turn off permanently.
I don't get any ding just a DTMF tone you get with most phones as you push the green call button. You guys sure you have the "Connection Established" play sound unticked under sounds and notifications? And also turn off the "Connect Tone" under the phone alerts?
Old 11-12-2009, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

1sae is keeping up the good work1sae is keeping up the good work

On another note anyone know of how to change the tone of an incoming SMS when you're on a call? Mine is deafening and long which makes me not able to hear the conversation.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

It's that ding I hate and I had to remove it. It jars my fillings. It is dpadctl.wav and it should be banished from the earth.

yes, I have connection/disconnection tone off. And I have phone options connect tone and disconnect tone off too. Like I said, it's exactly the DTMF tone you mentioned that I can't stand.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sae View Post
On another note anyone know of how to change the tone of an incoming SMS when you're on a call? Mine is deafening and long which makes me not able to hear the conversation.
Yes. Go here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...73&postcount=2

and look for "Turn Off Dialing Beep and Change In-Call Notification Sound"

Let me know if it works for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2/treo pro/mogul

miketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good work

does anyone try to run garmin xt or tomtom on the intrepid each cannot pick up the gps from the device.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Is your GPS turned on (not 911-only mode)? Do your programs see the port GPD9: (see my post 1 for details about windows-managed GPS on the Intrepid.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2/treo pro/mogul

miketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good work

saw your post. yes location is on but no program will recognize the port 9 has thw gps. even googlemaps will onlyh work through managed windows and not port 9. If you can figure google maps to work through the ports then I think that will solve my issue.

also with my sim unlock mention in the other thread i think I can put an att or t moible sim cadr and it will work. I place the phone on gsm only and it pick up a signal and said 3g on the the data.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

FYI it's not "port 9" which could be confused with "COM9:" (it's GPD9: ). Edit: I have two hiking GPS programs that recognize the intrepid GPS out of the box, without GPSGate.

Have you tried GPSGate, which I mentioned in my post? There's a free trial.

With your SIM card, were you actually able to make phone calls and connect to data? That would kind of surprise me. If so, please start a new thread as something that huge would deserve its own thread.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid