PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 05:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g LTE
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

deseagle07 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery life Sucks

Oh great for u, congrats , ofcourse im jealous
Old 10-07-2011, 05:28 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/14.0.835.187 Safari/535.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deseagle07
Oh great for u, congrats , ofcourse im jealous
LOL

Old 10-08-2011, 01:07 AM
VIP MVP

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
What is your screen brightness setting?

Sent from my EVO 4G using the PPCGeeks App
24% is probably around 40% brightness, guy the ACS rom is on its way very soon and its really sweet and its themed with hotspot hack/CIQ removed and lots of other tweaks. 26hrs on battery so far and this rom is still beta.
my screen brightness is set to automatic...

release the rom already im a phone flash junkie and i need my fix.. lol
the phone is great already so wondering what acs could have done to make it better...

has the name for the rom been picked yet?

last Q.. srf 1.3 for the og epic almost out of testing?
Old 10-08-2011, 02:03 AM
VIP MVP

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

i know acs dont give eta's but hopefully its this weekend as in tomorrow for either release well to be honest i hope the release would be right after i type this but one can only hope....LOL
Old 10-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Spongerdude7 is a n00b

The Phone has the built in Battery Usage monitor under applications settings use that to see whats draining it so fast.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g LTE
Threadstarter

deseagle07 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongerdude7 View Post
The Phone has the built in Battery Usage monitor under applications settings use that to see whats draining it so fast.
Ya don't say!!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 09:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

ever since I installed wireless tether on my phone my battery life has been horrible.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: SGSIISET4G

camoeto is a n00b

Also, if you have crappy signal in your area, you can expect 1/2 the battery life of someone that has full signal.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:54 AM
VIP MVP

rooted and installed custom Rom and now battery life sucks

Last edited by masetas; 10-23-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am running stock and my battery life has been way better then my EVO 4G and EVO 3D. from 8am - 5pm I keep 4G turned on the entire time. I have about 1.5 hours of on screen time, and I leave work with over 50% battery every day......Averages more in the 60% percent range.

I keep GPS turned on and use auto brightness.

As long as you use your phone throughout the day, the screen will always be in top percentage when you check the battery usage in settings. If you do not use your phone at all, the Android OS % will usually be higher because it based on how you used the phone that day. If you do not turn the screen on at all, the screen will not be using any battery, so even if Android was active for lets say 15 minutes, that is a much higher percent then zero for the screen........So Androids percent will be much higher because it is comparing to other things that have been using the battery. So if it says something like 80%, it does not mean it was running 80% of the time or killing your battery....It is just that it was being used 80% more then anything else on the phone that day.....

Just to prove this, use your phone a lot one day and try to have a high on-screen time. To see your on screen time, in the battery settings menu, if you click on the display one, you will see your on-screen time.....The higher this is the lower you android % will be......

Hope this all makes sense.....kind of hard to explain but makes more sense as you see it happening......

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch

Tags
bad, battery, epic touch 4g, samsung, sucks