PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Utah, I'm able to heart through the entire day with moderate usage and still have about thirty percent left after ten plus hours. Stock rooted, no CIQ.

Last edited by demonlordoftheround; 10-30-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Merovingian is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I've noticed that what causes the Android OS to spike (at least for me) is when I leave the house and forget to turn off wifi. I've repeated this hypothesis every time. If I turn off wifi when NOT within range of a known network, no battery drainage issue or Android OS spike, but if I forget to do so, there's a bug where the wifi radio is just scanning at will and battery drains flat in 6 - 7 hours flat.
Coming from an o.g Epic and NS4G, this behaviour is not normal but at least I narrowed down the battery sucking culprit in my case.

Running viperROM version 2.

Sent from my SPH-D710
Old 10-29-2011, 06:06 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Re: Battery life Sucks

Running stock no root on my GS2 and I have to say at first this thread scared me. But now I have received it and been doing some testing. I'm getting a extra 5~6 hours out of this phone than I was with my EVO! So I'm pushing 10+hrs on one charge and with wifi enabled at all times. I'm simply amazed by the battery life of my GS2!
~Mike

Old 10-29-2011, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I guess 10hrs is now the benchmark of good battery life?
I gave up and went back to my Nexus S 4G. This GS2 is not ready for prime time at all. From the loss of service issue to the wifi issue to the battery draining bugs, I would have a dead phone in 7 hours all without even touching it.
Big wonderful screen, lightweight, great to type on, speedy performance, but just too fussy.
Tried different roms and kernels, no luck.
Such a shame really. Maybe I got a dud (doubt it) or something but too much fussing with the phone just to eek out decent battery life is tiring.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
Old 10-29-2011, 06:36 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
I guess 10hrs is now the benchmark of good battery life?
I gave up and went back to my Nexus S 4G. This GS2 is not ready for prime time at all. From the loss of service issue to the wifi issue to the battery draining bugs, I would have a dead phone in 7 hours all without even touching it.
Big wonderful screen, lightweight, great to type on, speedy performance, but just too fussy.
Tried different roms and kernels, no luck.
Such a shame really. Maybe I got a dud (doubt it) or something but too much fussing with the phone just to eek out decent battery life is tiring.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
I would say on average I get 14hrs on a charge vs a 7hr life on my EVO. So it doubled my battery life and this I am grateful for.

I have no wifi issues, leave it on all day. Super heavy use also and no loss of service ever in STL. Was worried about GPS issue, but there doesnt seem to be any. Mine locks immediately even in the basement.

I think you just got a bad one out of the batch. Best of luck.
~Mike
Old 10-29-2011, 10:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

did a factory reset rooted removed CIQ and now I am getting 12-14 hours a day of battery life
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snap20110727_200129.jpg (6.5 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-30-2011, 06:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
did a factory reset rooted removed CIQ and now I am getting 12-14 hours a day of battery life
From that screenshot it doesn't seem you're even using your phone at all, or am I reading it wrong?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
Old 10-30-2011, 07:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
From that screenshot it doesn't seem you're even using your phone at all, or am I reading it wrong?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
active live wall paper using go weather text and web usage constantly most of the day cant scroll down on the picture and see everything but i had my hands messing with it most of the day texting the wife checking email and using friendcaster. One thing I have noticed is I use it more now then before the factory reset and I was barely getting 6 hours out of it not sure what the diffrence was all the settings on push email and widgets the same. Wonder if maybe a rogue app was constantly running(though i had the and now the program monitor widget on my second screen )
Old 11-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to dette

If you turn off "Network Notification" it helps quite a bit with battery while on WiFi

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!
Old 11-19-2011, 08:59 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/15.0.874.120 Safari/535.2)

so based on the way i use my phone and after rooting and installing custom roms
Stock was great battery life
Custom: so so battery life
just my opinion

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch

Tags
bad, battery, epic touch 4g, samsung, sucks