PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 12:51 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

For GSM on WM 6.1, the signal bars are not able to be modified. We've only been able to change that for WM 6.5 dlls.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Tele2

ArtQ is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to ArtQ

That sucks really. Not that it looks ugly or anything right now, but just feels like the taskbar isn't 100% finished ^^
Radio: 3.43.25.19

2nd Device: HTC Touch Diamond
Network: Tele2 Sweden
ROM: Gen.Y D2 R2-Rev.Y (WM6.1 B21054 TF3D2.1 WWE)
Radio: 1.13.25.24
Old 08-26-2009, 12:09 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

You'll find a whole lot of of 6.1 gsm users that'll agree with you. What we think is that in 6.1 renders the signal bars and does not use the icons the way everything else does. It's the same problem that later versions of the HTC task Manager (ones compatible with Manila) have.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:10 AM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtQ View Post
That sucks really. Not that it looks ugly or anything right now, but just feels like the taskbar isn't 100% finished ^^
You can use the CDMA.RSSI.xxx file created by htcleener to make the icon a little more "finished". You will have a red globe when you are inactive and a blue one when you are active. This is about the best looking way to more boldly color the icon itself and make the active globe easily distinguishable from the plain blue non active globe. No this isn't coloring the little bars in front of the globe but it's pretty close for those wanting to look at that specific icon and have more color to match the taskbar, and the red is bold enough the bars don't matter. You can see them (if ya got service of course!) but they aren't the focus point of the glance...
Old 08-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Lou
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: verizon xv6800
Carrier: verizon

Lou is a n00b

All these custom task bars are really cool and i love the colors. the only problem ive been having on my touch pro is it seems that when i put one on it lags the hell out of the phone and even sticks causing me to soft reset. Is there any other tweaks i can do to make this work better?
Old 08-26-2009, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Tele2

ArtQ is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to ArtQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
All these custom task bars are really cool and i love the colors. the only problem ive been having on my touch pro is it seems that when i put one on it lags the hell out of the phone and even sticks causing me to soft reset. Is there any other tweaks i can do to make this work better?
Lol, a taskbar shouldn't affect the phone's performance at all, it is just pictures inside some dll files.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Lou
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: verizon xv6800
Carrier: verizon

Lou is a n00b

Dont laugh,lol.... I tried with and without a custom taskbar and it was def causing a lag. Very strange...
Old 08-26-2009, 10:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Tmobile

xnifex is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
Here is the HTCVolumecontrol.dll fix for those who are not US/UK and after installing my cab have the Extra Large Font as seen in the picture below:

Just simply unzip and install the cab and soft reset.

Edit: This was made for tsowetaskbar6v2 if you need one with the original speakers PM and I will post it up.
Why does this dll switch the vibrate & silent buttons from the original as well as lose the functionality of being able to hit the button again to bring back to full volume?
Old 08-27-2009, 02:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Cricket

alfredo-x is keeping up the good workalfredo-x is keeping up the good work

great work man these are amazing
Old 08-27-2009, 10:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Tmobile

xnifex is just getting started

I have a request please. I'm currently using tsowens taskbar 6v2 but i've customized it by taking out the HTCVolumeControl.dll because it messes up the original volume control ability. (i asked about it 2 posts above)

My request is if someone can create a custom HTCVolumeControl.dll with the following speaker icons without editing any other settings?

On the original post for this taskbar tsowen states that his file is a "New Version to match MightyMikes ROM" & apparently that changes things around. I'd just like to have the stock file just edited to have the different icons.

Would someone mind doing that? Even better if it is tsowen (since its taskbar & i'd love to keep the original files by the original creator).

GREAT TASKBAR ICONS TSOWEN!!!

Last edited by xnifex; 08-27-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes