PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 02:14 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextertan View Post
thanks for reply.

Lets say i want to get a backup copy of my orginal .dll files how do i do that i cant copy the file out from TC.
ROM Extractor is what I used to get the originals
Old 04-27-2009, 04:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HD 2
Carrier: AT&T

zelendel is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to zelendel Send a message via Yahoo to zelendel

Hey GF I did notice one thing after running the LTB That you posted the Messaging Icon is really distorted. it does the same thing with mail icon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sshot000.jpg (5.3 KB, 43 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: o2 orbit
Carrier: airtel

ashwaa is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
tsowentaskbar 6 elite WM6.5 Version

Code:
BT Discoverable.bmp
BT On Mode.bmp
BT Stereo Headset.bmp
CDMA_RSS_PPC.dll
GPS-icon.bmp
GPS-icon Mask.bmp
HTCVolumeControl.dll  
notify.dll.0409.mui
outres.192.dll
pchanOvermbmp.dll
PictureMailRes.dll
shellres.192.dll
Stereo Headset.bmp
tapres.192.dll
tshers.192.dll
VoiceCmdRes.dll
WLMMessengerResources.192.dll
_setup.xml
Since HTC used the the phcanOverbmp.dll to skin the pin dialer and add extra icons to the taskbar, I used this dll to do the skinning of the WM6.5 taskbar. Which worked out perpectly. For this dll to be used you will need to import these reg entries:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\ResOver\Bitmaps]
"BaseDll"="phcanOverbmp.dll"

"BaseId"=dword:00000000

"BatteryIconIdStart"=dword:000003e9

"BatteryIconLevels"=dword:00000065
Here is the updated WM 6.5 version with the dll's straight from WM 6.5 (only for those running 6.5) with this version GSM users now have colored bars. As always same rules apply as any other taskbars. Any bugs or problems please report back. With this new release most all the icons are controlled by the shellres.192.dll file such as battery and other icons that were located in the phcanOverbmp.dll as far as can be seen WM 6.5 does not come with a phcanOverbmp.dll but will read the file if installed. I have elected to install the file because with the new shellres only 9 battery images are located in the file verses the 101 battery images in the phcanOverbmp.dll

For other WM 6.5 taskbar cabs and development of the taskbar here is a thread at XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=503647
installed it on my o2 orbit wm 6.5 gsm qvga but on the today screen only the antanae icon stays the same rest of it change pls help in changing the antenae icon
Old 04-27-2009, 05:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: o2 orbit
Carrier: airtel

ashwaa is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
Elite TB 6 v3 QVGA Conversion Beta 2

Here are 2 more cabs. The first one only has the fixes on the over sized icons for messanging and call history. The second has that fix, plus a different phcanOverbmp.dll with a more QVGA friendly battery, and the HTC Start Icon. Let me know what you thing
thanks alot gadget freakfor the task bar i have tried all the task bars available but urs is the only one which changes the antennae and the start icon on my task bar i se a o2 xda orbbit gsm qvga the only glitch is it is a big space taker requires 9mb of space and the anttenae icon is not clear and the [x] mark icon is not visible
Attached Images
File Type: jpg today.jpg (29.0 KB, 90 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (25.4 KB, 48 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (30.2 KB, 35 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ashwaa; 04-27-2009 at 05:55 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XDA Ignito
Carrier: uk O2

Darren8448 is just getting started

Im using Tsowen taskbar 6v2 vga but for some reason my bluetooth icon has stopped appearing? its always worked before the only thing i changed around the time was turning of the diamond dialer skin in favour for the wm one. I cant see that these would effect the bluetooth icon? The bluetooth headset icon still works but not the actual bluetooth icon?? any ideas??

Im also trying to replace the 3 bluetooth icons with the ones from tsowentaskbar4 but dispite overwriting as described in the first post of this thread the icons from taskbar6v2 are still displayed, any ideas??

Also I wondered if anyone could skin the attached start icon from wisbar into a usuable icon for the 6v2 taskbar?? I would wish the flag icon to be larger than the current round one.

Many thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fractal_start.zip (6.0 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Darren8448; 04-27-2009 at 06:29 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren8448 View Post
Im using Tsowen taskbar 6v2 vga but for some reason my bluetooth icon has stopped appearing? its always worked before the only thing i changed around the time was turning of the diamond dialer skin in favour for the wm one. I cant see that these would effect the bluetooth icon? The bluetooth headset icon still works but not the actual bluetooth icon?? any ideas??

Im also trying to replace the 3 bluetooth icons with the ones from tsowentaskbar4 but dispite overwriting as described in the first post of this thread the icons from taskbar6v2 are still displayed, any ideas??

Also I wondered if anyone could skin the attached start icon from wisbar into a usuable icon for the 6v2 taskbar?? I would wish the flag icon to be larger than the current round one.

Many thanks
Ive switched to different taskbars and the bluetooth icon isnt showing so this is obviously a system problem, any ideas?

Is it possible to have a cab for tsowentaskbar4.1.6 but with the network and signal icons from tsowentaskbar6v2. Ive included both below.

Many thanks again
Attached Files
File Type: cab tsowentaskbar4v1.6.cab (1.24 MB, 16 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab tsowentaskbar6v2.1.cab (2.37 MB, 57 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:02 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel View Post
Hey GF I did notice one thing after running the LTB That you posted the Messaging Icon is really distorted. it does the same thing with mail icon

Those icons don't actually reside in the LTB dll. The system pulls them from the Tapres, notify and Outres dlls, and in the case of your phone, enlarges the 16x16 icons to 32x32. Thus, the distortion. It's stuff like this that pushed me to installing the new Rhodium/Topaz notification enhancements once I had flashed a 21000+ build for my old Touch.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:05 AM
The Inspector Mod

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwaa View Post
thanks alot gadget freakfor the task bar i have tried all the task bars available but urs is the only one which changes the antennae and the start icon on my task bar i se a o2 xda orbbit gsm qvga the only glitch is it is a big space taker requires 9mb of space and the anttenae icon is not clear and the [x] mark icon is not visible
Part of what you are seeing may be because this is still a WM 6.1 build. I haven't converted to the WM 6.5 specific dlls yet. That is why the x button looks so bad. The good news is that it's totally skinnable...
Old 04-27-2009, 08:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
Part of what you are seeing may be because this is still a WM 6.1 build. I haven't converted to the WM 6.5 specific dlls yet. That is why the x button looks so bad. The good news is that it's totally skinnable...
How did you manage to skin the x (close)? can you also skin the 'ok'??

wouldnt this have something to do with the quickmenu icon??
Old 04-27-2009, 08:15 AM
The Inspector Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren8448 View Post
How did you manage to skin the x (close)? can you also skin the 'ok'??

wouldnt this have something to do with the quickmenu icon??

I didn't. What you are seeing is the old style x button on the new sys. If you go tot he WM 6.5 Taskbar Thread and scroll down to Brock's post, you'll see that he skinned them successfully. I haven't even peaked in the dlls yet, but I've heard it's possible.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes