PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen
Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdarko View Post
Hey !

I've installed your 6.5 6v3.3 lite and i haven't the signal bar under the earth planet !!

I've a french rom 6.5...Which dll must be modify ??

Scuse for my poor english !
Check out the 6.5 taskbar thread for the compatible version with 6.5
Old 10-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompec View Post
Hi, i installed tt 6 v 3.1 (later 3.2) and I have problem with Network ikon. Do you know where is problem ? I use Samsung b7610. Thanks !
I made the fix for this I will have to look around for it.

Edit: Try this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=705

Last edited by tsowen; 10-27-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blkout01 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Ok, I have went through the thread over and over and hope maybe I am just missing something.

I am trying to edit the "Start" at the top of my TP2. I simply want to make it say something else. I have copied the shellres.192.dll file and unsigned it and looked at it. The only string I can see is 1143. I'm not too good at the editing of these files so it is possible I'm making a generic mistake but I have went through the threads many times.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:52 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkout View Post
Ok, I have went through the thread over and over and hope maybe I am just missing something.

I am trying to edit the "Start" at the top of my TP2. I simply want to make it say something else. I have copied the shellres.192.dll file and unsigned it and looked at it. The only string I can see is 1143. I'm not too good at the editing of these files so it is possible I'm making a generic mistake but I have went through the threads many times.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Wrong file my friend, instructions are on the first page:

Change Start Text

1. Unsign your shellres.dll.0409.mui
2. Open it in one of these three Reshack / PE Explorer / Restoratorand go to string value 321 and change the name from Start to whatever you want.
3. Save your modified file
4. Open MssignerorMultiple file Signer
· click Start sign Process (for MFS follow directions in the link)
· a window will pop-up with "Process finished!"
· You will see a that a text file has been create for your shellres on your desktop
· Open the text file, if you see "Warning: This file is signed, but not timestamped, Succeeded" you know the file was signed.
5. Transfer the modified file to your SD card
6. Open TC and navigate to the /Windows and rename your old file to "shellres.dll.0409.mui.bak"
7. Move your modified file from your SD card into the /Windows
8. Soft Reset
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post

Change Start Text

2. Open it in one of these three Reshack / PE Explorer / Restoratorand go to string value 321 and change the name from Start to whatever you want.
· You will see a that a text file has been create for your shellres on your desktop
· Open the text file, if you see "Warning: This file is signed, but not timestamped, Succeeded" you know the file was signed.
6. Open TC and navigate to the /Windows and rename your old file to "shellres.dll.0409.mui.bak"
8. Soft Reset

Sorry I left out a pretty good chunk of information. I had tried both of these files. ( shellres.dll.0409.mui & shellres.192.dll ) I can get the shellres.192.dll file copied over and on to my desktop to work with but when I try the shellres.dll.0409.mui using TC it says it can not be copied or moved. I am trying to copy it and I have also tried changing the name with no result.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkout View Post
Sorry I left out a pretty good chunk of information. I had tried both of these files. ( shellres.dll.0409.mui & shellres.192.dll ) I can get the shellres.192.dll file copied over and on to my desktop to work with but when I try the shellres.dll.0409.mui using TC it says it can not be copied or moved. I am trying to copy it and I have also tried changing the name with no result.
Try using this, its more powerful than TC !

http://www.handango.com/catalog/Prod...FeFM5Qodk1QHNA
Old 10-28-2009, 04:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

40WaTeR is a n00b

Quote:

Change Start Text

8. Soft Reset

Actually blkout is right. I have the TP2 from Sprint and it is the shellres.192.dll... I spent all weekend trying to figure out how to change the start icon. I finally figured it out and I realized that it was that file that needed to be replaced. Once I figured that out everything else fell into place. Ok I'm lying I still have a few qestions.

1. What is the name of the file for the wifi icon? Not the icon for available networks but the wifi icon itself.

2. Which file is the activesync icon?

Any and all help will greatly be appreciated...

Last edited by 40WaTeR; 10-28-2009 at 04:45 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung OmniaPro B7610
Carrier: T-Mobile

Anganiel is a n00b

Quote:
I made the fix for this I will have to look around for it.

Edit: Try this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=705
Hi, thanks for fix. It made something. The only thing is that instead of Edge I got a rA icon and instead of GPRS I got Edge icon. Bluetooth icon still doesn't work.

I installed taskbar 6v3 and then the fix you posted. I'm using Czech ROM in my OmniaPro.

Also I'd like to ask, is there a seprate installer or dll, which changes the "busy" icon in widnows? The original one I like more instead of four coloured circles. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Home.JPG (51.5 KB, 50 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Anganiel; 10-28-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

The files are in the tapres.192.dll file I will make a fix tonight and post it up.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by purian23 View Post
Try using this, its more powerful than TC !

http://www.handango.com/catalog/Prod...FeFM5Qodk1QHNA
Tried using this and still get the same results. File already exsist and then can't copy/move. Is this the correct file for the TP2 to change the text from "Start" to something else? shellres.dll.0409.mui
I've seen in some other places where other's are also running in to this problem.

Just thought I add this is a TP2 currently running the stock rom with just some minor tweeks and programs added.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes