Thread: Custom Taskbar
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 04:52 PM
tsowen
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen
Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkout View Post
Ok, I have went through the thread over and over and hope maybe I am just missing something.

I am trying to edit the "Start" at the top of my TP2. I simply want to make it say something else. I have copied the shellres.192.dll file and unsigned it and looked at it. The only string I can see is 1143. I'm not too good at the editing of these files so it is possible I'm making a generic mistake but I have went through the threads many times.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Wrong file my friend, instructions are on the first page:

Change Start Text

1. Unsign your shellres.dll.0409.mui
2. Open it in one of these three Reshack / PE Explorer / Restoratorand go to string value 321 and change the name from Start to whatever you want.
3. Save your modified file
4. Open MssignerorMultiple file Signer
· click Start sign Process (for MFS follow directions in the link)
· a window will pop-up with "Process finished!"
· You will see a that a text file has been create for your shellres on your desktop
· Open the text file, if you see "Warning: This file is signed, but not timestamped, Succeeded" you know the file was signed.
5. Transfer the modified file to your SD card
6. Open TC and navigate to the /Windows and rename your old file to "shellres.dll.0409.mui.bak"
7. Move your modified file from your SD card into the /Windows
8. Soft Reset
This post has been thanked 1 times.