PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Verizon/legacy alltel plan

zim2704 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Diamond and Pearl

Ok, so I have both a Diamond and a BB Pearl. I have used the diamond for a good year now and just recently bought a pearl 2nd hand for $25 to play with the BB setup. Besides the lack of hardware memory for apps and being able to modify everything that I would like the BB has been working alot better than my Diamond.

First thing I noticed with the BB is the battery is tiny but lasts 2-3x longer than my diamond. example- I was able to listen to slacker radio for apx. 6 hours without having to charge. With my Diamond I could barely get 3-4 hours of pandora before it would be low battery or too hot to even charge.

I guess my question is how does BB last longer and run smoother than the Diamond with the bigger battery and more powerful hardware? After playing with the BB for about 3 weeks now I am very tempted to switch to a newer BB for my permanent upgrade.

Give me some reasons to stick with Winmo. Or is it just HTC that has hardware issues/battery life(Heating up with moderate use and poor battery life) should I jump ship to say the OmniaII when or if it ever comes out.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:17 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Diamond and Pearl

The reason Blackberrys do so much better as far as I can tell is because of there not being any screen to touch and it's all buttons and a trackball.

Reasons I don't like Blackberrys:
1) The trackballs tend to break easy.
2) The OS is limited and complicated to learn.
3) I don't think they do MMS (could be wrong so correct me if I am).
4) Not very long lasting compared to HTC devices.
5) The OS.
6) They can cost more for data plans.

Reasons Blackberrys have an edge:
1) They tend to do better in battery life and have a lot of features.
2) Way better reception. I was out in a town that is ten miles outside of Hutch and barely get signal with the Telus radio 1.04 but do in the gas station but the same service on the Pearl gets 2-3 bars.

Frankly I like Windows Mobile and have gotten used to Touch Screens. The Diamond was just never made to have humongous battery life but you can play with and and never be done playing with each little feature it has, which makes these phones so cool. Plus it's fun putting newer WM versions on there to see what Microsoft is doing to future versions of the OS. With Blackberry you just get what is loaded stock.

Oh by the way I never have problems overheating on the Telus radio so give that a try. And get a second battery and charger if you are desperate for battery life or an extended battery. Also it's possible your phone just has a year old battery that needs replacing. You could try buying the 1500mAH Seidio battery since it's stock sized and see if that holds up better (I'm thinking of getting it).
Old 10-29-2009, 12:20 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Diamond and Pearl

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...MWMDPAG55RA7QK Here is the link to the battery I was talking about.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison