View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 10:41 PM
zim2704
PPCGeeks Regular

zim2704 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Diamond and Pearl

Ok, so I have both a Diamond and a BB Pearl. I have used the diamond for a good year now and just recently bought a pearl 2nd hand for $25 to play with the BB setup. Besides the lack of hardware memory for apps and being able to modify everything that I would like the BB has been working alot better than my Diamond.

First thing I noticed with the BB is the battery is tiny but lasts 2-3x longer than my diamond. example- I was able to listen to slacker radio for apx. 6 hours without having to charge. With my Diamond I could barely get 3-4 hours of pandora before it would be low battery or too hot to even charge.

I guess my question is how does BB last longer and run smoother than the Diamond with the bigger battery and more powerful hardware? After playing with the BB for about 3 weeks now I am very tempted to switch to a newer BB for my permanent upgrade.

Give me some reasons to stick with Winmo. Or is it just HTC that has hardware issues/battery life(Heating up with moderate use and poor battery life) should I jump ship to say the OmniaII when or if it ever comes out.