View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 12:17 AM
MrObvious
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Diamond and Pearl

The reason Blackberrys do so much better as far as I can tell is because of there not being any screen to touch and it's all buttons and a trackball.

Reasons I don't like Blackberrys:
1) The trackballs tend to break easy.
2) The OS is limited and complicated to learn.
3) I don't think they do MMS (could be wrong so correct me if I am).
4) Not very long lasting compared to HTC devices.
5) The OS.
6) They can cost more for data plans.

Reasons Blackberrys have an edge:
1) They tend to do better in battery life and have a lot of features.
2) Way better reception. I was out in a town that is ten miles outside of Hutch and barely get signal with the Telus radio 1.04 but do in the gas station but the same service on the Pearl gets 2-3 bars.

Frankly I like Windows Mobile and have gotten used to Touch Screens. The Diamond was just never made to have humongous battery life but you can play with and and never be done playing with each little feature it has, which makes these phones so cool. Plus it's fun putting newer WM versions on there to see what Microsoft is doing to future versions of the OS. With Blackberry you just get what is loaded stock.

Oh by the way I never have problems overheating on the Telus radio so give that a try. And get a second battery and charger if you are desperate for battery life or an extended battery. Also it's possible your phone just has a year old battery that needs replacing. You could try buying the 1500mAH Seidio battery since it's stock sized and see if that holds up better (I'm thinking of getting it).