PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS
TP2 Verizon vs TP2 Sprint

other than cosmetics, are there any significant differences between these two versions of the TP2? im thinking to leave sprint for verizon and get their TP2, but before i do i want to make sure that there isn't something i would be missing (software/cabs, updates, functonality, provider restrictions, etc).
Old 10-16-2009, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G Rooted

Jocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: TP2 Verizon vs TP2 Sprint

I can't help you with the phone specs, but despite Sprint's costing 150 more, you're gonna wind up paying way more for service over a 2 year period.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:14 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You should be fine sticking with Sprint. Just see if they will match the price.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
You should be fine sticking with Sprint. Just see if they will match the price.
i spoke with someone from account services/retention today, supposedly a manager who said that they don't price match at all. what is really weird is that i was told just this past wednesday that they would match verizon's price, but when i called to order on thursday they said no go. so no he is looking over the account notes and supposed to talk with the rep under him who told me that they do. dealing with sprint is such a headache because often you get different and misinformation from person to person. btw, verizon's quote for the TP2 for me is $249.99 (govt discount). i hope to hear something from him soon. i really like my plan with sprint and would rather stay if i could, but still hate the CS from time to time.

i estimate that since 2000 i have probably given sprint at least $13,000. so you would think they would just give me a phone or at least a considerable discount....
Old 10-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

You did recieve cell service every month for the $13000 right?
Old 10-16-2009, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

sure did, with sprint too. and i dont know any company that doesn't do what they can for a customer who has given that much money and been with them for 10 years. i worked in management for 2 years (enterprise rac, out of college). i would give my long term clients GREAT deals all the time, why...because they came back and brought others with them. it was nothing to give a free day or two, wipe out an entire bill, or upgrade for free. they all were paying for their service too, but we wanted to keep them.

that being said, sprint has come through and recognized the bottom line of keeping customers. i just got the word and sealed the deal for a TP2 @ $150.00, the match with verizon. (phone should arrive sat or mon at the latest). so i'm staying...shall see if its another 10 years, but for now i am happy again. i got what i wanted/needed, they got me for at least 2 more years (that is at least $2200+ or so, lol).

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison