PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Carrier: Sprint

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74
Re: HTC Touch Pro VS HTC Hero

I almost went to the Hero, but it is not a PDA, I run my biz off my phone, so I need to be able to change docs when ever. Hero is nice though, best of luck!

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 09-24-2009, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm seriously thinking about getting one to replace the Touch Pro. The TP has served me well, i'm still on my launch TP with no issues, which is amazing around here from what I've read. I don't know what they are doing...Anyway I would like to try something different and the specs and new OS intrigues me. The phone is for personal use so no real attachment to WinOS. Android seems to have great support and community from what I've been reading online. My only concerns are losing the keyboard (obviously) but the capacitive screen should be better to type. And the loss of screen real estate... The shift back from VGA is my main problem. I dunno, but I will take the tour when its released and do a hands on analysis with some checking here to see if any launch issues arise.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:04 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
The one thing I am anxiously waiting to hear is if Sprint will force someone to buy an everything plan to get the rebates on the Hero. I have an older plan and pay less than the cheapest everything plan. So that would be the only thing holding me back from getting the Hero....
Dear William,

Thank you for your reply.

I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced due to breakdown in communication.

The HTC Hero will not work with the add on data pack available on your account. You must change the plan to enjoy the features of new HTC Hero phone as mentioned in previous email.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,
Jaxon M.
Sprint

Helpful Sprint Links:
Old 09-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
Dear William,

Thank you for your reply.

I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced due to breakdown in communication.

The HTC Hero will not work with the add on data pack available on your account. You must change the plan to enjoy the features of new HTC Hero phone as mentioned in previous email.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,
Jaxon M.
Sprint

Helpful Sprint Links:

Well that doesn't sound good......
Old 09-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Tuffgong4 is keeping up the good workTuffgong4 is keeping up the good work

for the sprint workers, is there any way to get the hero without paying a ridiculous amount of money for in contract upgrades? (I'm not expecting something for nothing but I would love to have this phone but don't have an upgrade for a while)

I'm also thinking of adding my mother to my plan...she doesn't need anything special so could I get the hero for myself and pass down the phone to her.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:50 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

hmmm....

i have an old areawide plan, 40/month, 1000 minutes, nights at 6, unlimited texting is free because they messed up my account, i think the unlimited powervision data plan, and with my employee discount i pay around 55 for this.

i just read somewhere that sprint's going to have unlimited mobile to mobile on any unlimited data plan?

i'm really contemplating the hero, but i don't know if i want to switch plans because this plan i have works pretty well for what i use it for.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeezie View Post
I also have a TP and I'm strongly thinking about picking up the Hero. One thing I wanted to know, how clear is the Hero's screen? I was reading and comparing specs of the two phones, but it seems like it's a downgrade from the TP to the Hero as far as the screen goes. (less pixles and less colors on the Hero) Or am I just a noob and I missed something? Yes I know the Hero screen is bigger.

HERO LCD (Color TFT/TFD)
320 x 480 pixels
3.2"
Colors: 65,536 (16-bit)

Touch Pro LCD (Color TFT/TFD)
480 x 640 pixels
2.8"
Colors: 262,144 (18-bit)

My source is the phonescoop comparison page.

nope you are right. I'm using a pre right now (same resolution and screen size as the hero) and you can definitely tell the difference (haha I actually just tweeted about this). The difference isn't as bad as say when you compare it to the original touch (qvga)...but things definitely look pixelated when you look closely. some examples: on my diamond I can usually read the txt on websites without zooming in, but I have to zoom in to read them on the pre (txt looks blurry). Movies on my diamond looked amazing, on the pre you can definitely see the pixels. but despite this I'm still going to pick up a hero too next month. now I just have to figure out how I'm going to split my usage time between my diamond, pre and hero.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Odeezie is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Odeezie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tersoth View Post
nope you are right. I'm using a pre right now (same resolution and screen size as the hero) and you can definitely tell the difference (haha I actually just tweeted about this). The difference isn't as bad as say when you compare it to the original touch (qvga)...but things definitely look pixelated when you look closely. some examples: on my diamond I can usually read the txt on websites without zooming in, but I have to zoom in to read them on the pre (txt looks blurry). Movies on my diamond looked amazing, on the pre you can definitely see the pixels. but despite this I'm still going to pick up a hero too next month. now I just have to figure out how I'm going to split my usage time between my diamond, pre and hero.
Hmm that's kind of a bummer! I love how crisp and clear the TP screen is, although I will say I didn't notice the difference when I played with the Pre at the Sprint store. I'm sure I'd notice after a while though. Can anyone confirm that those are the final specs for the Sprint HTC Hero??
Old 09-25-2009, 06:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work

The processor is basically the same, so aren't you trading off the Android OS for a downgrade in the screen?

A friend is going to get one, but to me - it doesn't seem like a real upgrade from the Touch Pro. Even though I love what's going on with Android.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Jackalo is a n00b

I fully intend on getting the Sprint HTC Hero instead of the HTC Touch Pro 2, but I'm just hoping for bluetooth keyboard support sometime soon in Android, because I'm not the biggest fan of virtual keyboards. Back I go to staring at pictures of the Hero...

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison