PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 01:11 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro Or Diamond?

Im thinkin about gettin a new phone and i want your guys opinions about which phone is better...
Old 08-31-2009, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

thecheet is keeping up the good workthecheet is keeping up the good work
Re: Touch Pro Or Diamond?

It's really personal preference. Do you want a keyboard or not? Also the TP has external memory card slot where as the Diamond you're limited to 4GB. For some people that would be plenty but it's all up to you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:10 PM
Threadstarter

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i just want to know which one would have less problems and a longer battery life..

4gb is plenty for me and idc if i have a physical keyboard or not..

thanks!
Old 08-31-2009, 05:13 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i got both and love the pro more, dont use hrd kb either. sd is the big plus for me.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:20 PM
Threadstarter

ive heard a lot of complaints about the tp..have you had any problems?
Old 08-31-2009, 05:29 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake044 View Post
ive heard a lot of complaints about the tp..have you had any problems?
harhware gps issue but sprint next day aired one thats got no issues anymore. dont use kb so no issues theren heats a issue but theres work arounds. i really love the pro.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:30 PM
Threadstarter

thanks..did you have any complaints about the diamond?
Old 08-31-2009, 05:35 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake044 View Post
thanks..did you have any complaints about the diamond?
just heat and no sd, herd the heat issue was fixed in later builds but not sure. i still use it, just for games ect.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:48 PM
Threadstarter

which one would you recommend for somebody who:

-doesnt use much memory
-doesnt care if they have a physical keyboard or not
-is on the internet for half the day

?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:54 PM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM

Personally, I like the my devices to have a physical keyboard, so I side with the TP. When comparing the TP and Diamond, the Diamond definately looks sleeker and thinner than the TP. I would definately go with the Diamond only if I didn't need the keyboard. My $0.02

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison