PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 01:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Or Diamond?

I have the Diamond and I never had the Pro.
4gb is more than enough for me.
When I first saw the Diamond at the Sprint store, I really liked the style and the fact that it fit in my front jeans pocket so nicely.
Really compact device.
After some registry tweaks, I have it running really nicely.
A big difference was the current stock ROM which became available in April.
It is an unbelievable difference from the original stock ROM that the Diamond came with.
There are issues with screen separation but Sprint has replaced my Diamond without issue covered under the HTC 1 year warranty.
I have TEP also.
I always carry a spare OEM battery just in case I run outta juice.
Was a big issue with the original ROM but not with the current one.
I changed the battery polling registry which makes a big difference regarding battery drainage also.
Most of the Custom ROMS incorporate that tweak anyway.
The size and compactness is a big factor for me.
And there you have my 5 cents
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:11 AM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thanks so much biker! my next phones gonna be the diamond
Old 09-01-2009, 02:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake044 View Post
thanks so much biker! my next phones gonna be the diamond
I don't think you will have any regrets
Btw, don't forget a screen protector.
There are as many opinions on them as there are stars in the sky
Fwiw, I use a Zagg InvisibleShield.
3 main reasons:
- Virtually scratch spoof.
- Fantastic Customer Service
- Lifetime guaranteed and an easy process as I have experienced it.

Last edited by Biker1; 09-01-2009 at 02:18 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:15 AM
Threadstarter

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i hope not
Old 09-01-2009, 02:29 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

hey man if you can wait till september 15, definately go with the omnia 2, its a much better device than the tp d or tp2, check this thread out, we posted a lot of reviews videos etc!
Plus it shouldnt be more than the orignial omnia [$199]
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81449
Old 09-01-2009, 02:45 AM
Threadstarter

i wish i could afford that
Old 09-01-2009, 02:48 AM
Mobileunderground.info

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
i wish i could afford that
how much are you willing to spend?
Why dont you sell your vogue and use that money towards it?
Also with an upgrade on verizon/alltel they give you money towards your new phone!
I would also check amazon they usually sell phones for cheaper than verizon, so does best buy
Old 09-01-2009, 02:53 AM
Threadstarter

i was thinkin about sellin my vogue but i dont any back up phones to use in the meantime..

im tryin to get around $150 so i can afford a diamond off ebay or craigslist..

and with an alltel/verizon upgrade you have renew your contract and i dont think my dad wants to do that :/
Old 09-01-2009, 03:02 AM
Mobileunderground.info

Quote:
i was thinkin about sellin my vogue but i dont any back up phones to use in the meantime..

im tryin to get around $150 so i can afford a diamond off ebay or craigslist..

and with an alltel/verizon upgrade you have renew your contract and i dont think my dad wants to do that :/
hmm well do you need a backup? i ended up selling my backup phone and so far my tp hasnt completly died, i think we have a dumbphone lying around though.
Do you have insurance on your vogue? If so i would just wait till it breaks and then have verizon/alltel send you a diamond/touch pro, and you might even be able to talk the into an omnia!
Old 09-01-2009, 03:07 AM
Threadstarter

no i got my phone off ebay.

yeah i need one. how much would you want for it?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison