PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 02:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!
Carrier: Sprint

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Blowing away a friend's Iphone

One thing I hate about Apple people is, they love to show off their device and how different they are. I'm special, I have an Apple product (I do too, just an Ipod, nothing else).

We're at a restaurant and he goes on to show off his 8GB Iphone. I whipe out my TP and pop out my 16GB card and tell him that I have 2 more 8GB cards in my laptop case.

He shows me how clear his screen is, I gotta give it to him. His screen was bigger, brighter and clearer.

I then pop out my battery and say I can get another one.

We compare apps. Cameras in low light, high light, sunlight, etc. Internet speed. Nav. TV. He had childish games, I had Resco brain games. I beat him in everything except screen size and clarity. Camera and video SMOKED him.

I can tether. Cracked/Hacked apps are easy for my phone. For his, he needs a jail break program (not easy).

Thanks to this site I was able to put a little Apple geek in his place.

He did have a louder ringer, earpiece and speaker. He can't BT to his Benz, and I could (thanks to JetWare) on the first try. "Dude, why would you spend so much on an inferior product?"

In short, just wanted to say thanks to everybody.
Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:21 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: Blowing away a friend's Iphone

damn skippy i love this site.....
Old 04-10-2009, 02:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

wow you guys compared ringers lol. that got pretty in depth
Old 04-10-2009, 02:26 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

lol gotta go all the way to show iphony fans that our phones are coming back strong.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:19 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

good stuff
Old 04-10-2009, 04:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!
Threadstarter

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racemepls View Post
wow you guys compared ringers lol. that got pretty in depth

LOL! He wanted to show off his speaker phone, I had one too. His was louder. We then compared earpiece volume, again he had me. Lastly, ringer volume because he was on a roll.

What really pissed him off was the ease of connection to his Benz (again thanks to JetWare), his wouldn't and couldn't connect. He is getting a "parrot" BT device.

I was amazed that the cams blew his away.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

internetaffairs is becoming a great contributor

It's not that serious.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dthurman is just getting started

I have a co-worker that snagged an iPhone, I had debated iPhone or stay with Nextel/Sprint. I am a pretty heavy Mac user in the industry I am in. After comparing the disconnect charges, buying an iPhone and not having 3G in our area w/ATT I went and switched to Sprint from Nextel, got an HTC Touch Pro, and I actually find it to be better. She had to buy a stylus just to use the touch pad! :O I have 3 option, touch w/fingers, stylus or slide out KB, heck the iPhone can't do video, and she had a heck of a time getting Facebook to work right...

When I replace this puppy, I will keep HTC w/WinMo as my first choice.

Plus all the help (by just reading) and the .CAB's that have improved and given me better usability from this forum and xda has been great.

Thanks, sorry for the little roll...
Old 04-10-2009, 07:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

apinkel is keeping up the good workapinkel is keeping up the good work

I looked at an iphone when I got my TP... it has a nice user interface. I probably could have lived with some of the other shortcomings of the iphone but there was no way I was going to throw that much money away on a phone.

I'm on sprint, I've got a $45 phone plan and unlimited data plan, I got my TP on sale at BB for $200 and I've spent all of $30 on software and I've installed a bunch of stuff.

The cheapest equivalent plan I could get on AT&T was $70/month. Most of the software (if available for the iphone) costs money. Over a 2year period the plan cost differences alone would have been $600.

That's one healthy apple tax.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:41 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

the iphony isnt common around here, but when i see somebody at school with one i just laugh. i was reading a forum somewhere and this guy went on to say how smartphones like the iphone are the superior technology and this and tha, and how the cost of a data plan more than pays for itself etc.
so i put him in his place. first that the iphone isnt a smartphone. second he has to pay more money to get copy/paste bluetooth and able to record video, third he is way overpaying for servic. i have unlimited data and talk for 100 a month, plus i can tether if i need to. you have to pay for any usable software, on the TP, 99% of stuff is free.
a nice graphical interface does not make up for a lack of functionality. make it shiny and sparkly and apple fans will buy it...wonder what would happen if i started to feed my dog quarters and take the outcome to an apple store- hey, its the same thing!

Help Me Help You

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison