PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

apinkel is keeping up the good workapinkel is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Blowing away a friend's Iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme5 View Post
We shouldn't hate on the iPhone, you know? If it weren't for the iPhone, would we be seeing the competition we're seeing now? Would we have the same cool features/UIs/devices coming our way? I doubt it.
I agree with that... I think MS and the windows mobile devision has kinda sat on their rears for a few years. I think the iphone and it's ultra-smooth UI has really kick-started the smart-phone arena.

That said, there is a huge vlume of truly useful apps already available for windows mobile... MS just needs to update the usability (adding support for capacitive touch screens, making the UI finger friendly, etc.).

I give the iphone a lot of credit... but I'm not willing to give em my cash. WAY over-priced.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sorge is becoming a great contributor

I think the iphone is cool as ****....but....I don't like how apple has this stranglehold on it. Any app you can get for the iphone, you can get prolly free for windows mobile.

Not to mention, look at all the iphone couldn't do til 2 years after the first one came out, lol no copy and paste or msm. Not to mention, to get PDA package and unlimited text you have to pay like 90 a month, without tethering included.

Iphone=Expensive, easy to use, and slick as ****.

Touch Pro= lil mini laptop, cheaper, and amazing keyboard

Palm Pre= prolly the best of both worlds, but no video out, and idk about the keyboard until I play with one.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

agentjonnyb is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
He shows me how clear his screen is, I gotta give it to him. His screen was bigger, brighter and clearer.
The Iphone screen is bigger yes, but clearer, no, actually, the TP has about 100 more ppi than the iphone screen. Just wait till the TP2 is out, that'll have the higher res, and .1in bigger screen (lol).
Old 04-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
The reason the iPhone screen may be brighter is because the capacitive touch system doesn't block as much light as our resistive matrix touch. But as far as clear, we pack 640x480 into a 2.8" screen. The approximate DPI is 285. iPhone is around 165. It is bigger, but ours is incredibly detailed. And if you crank up the backlight, honestly, PLENTY bright.
You are right...I compared my friends iphone screen to mine and logged onto ppcgeeks on both phones and found that I could'nt read anything on his zoomed out, I could read on mine zoomed out.His looks like opera mini when your zoomed out blurry.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison