PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 09:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Allsmell

PWeber is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Moving from Mogul to TP

Battery life is nothing close to Mogul. Miss the scroll wheel, don’t like where the TP power button is. Best phone ever, worst battery ever.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbrown69 View Post
Best upgrade yet, the free ram alone is worth it. One thing I have noticed when upgrading to the TP is if you are transferring over any pictures from older sources to the TP the album program can get hung up on the album.cache file in every folder that had pictures in it. I did a search for every one and deleted them all, then let the TP album program create its own new ones, has been working lag free ever since.

That just answered some questions for me.... Thanks!

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I still miss some features of the Titan/Mogul.

I used the scroll wheel constantly & I really miss all the hardware keys (I loved having a dedicated internet & messaging button)

I use AEbutton + in the TP & that helps some, but there simple aren't enough buttons there (& the home & back button don't take well to re-mapping)

That being said, the almost unlimited free memory (as long as you don't buy the verizon version) would be awfully hard to give up & the screen resolution looks really nice (although I really wish it where a little bigger).

There still is not perfect PC IMHO. I want a Windows PPC with a high res screen the size of the ipod screen..........

~John
Old 01-18-2009, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Threadstarter

inmnbob is just getting started

I liked it so much I bought a second at Best buy for backup. I figured the extra battery, cables etc. was worth $75 so the backup phone for $125 was worth it.

I guess that says how long I plan to use the Touch Pro
Old 01-18-2009, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

isangmahal is a n00b

I jumped in on the Best Buy Touch Pro upgrade deals and frankly I never looked back. I loved the Mogul, but the RAM management got to me. Having a device that actually comes with device drivers for video and lots of extra ram is a definite plus. The camera with autofocus is another positive thing for me with regards to this phone.

Battery life does suck, but I use WMWifiRouter religiously so that pretty much kills the phone for me. I do plan on ordering an extra battery though since I'll have this phone for quite a while.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by isangmahal View Post
Having a device that actually comes with device drivers for video and lots of extra ram is a definite plus. The camera with autofocus is another positive thing for me with regards to this phone.

Are you sure you're using a TouchPro?? The video performance of this phone has been disappointing to say the least, & the atrocious auto-focus lag of the POS camera makes it virtually useless unless your photographing an inantimate object (there are two year old 1.3 megapixel camera phones that outperform the camera).........

Don't get me wrong, I really like my TP but I'm not going to praise it for obvious faults either.

~John
Old 01-18-2009, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPCT7380 Touch Pro2 and 4 PPC-6850 TP

rsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
That just answered some questions for me.... Thanks!
There is also some sort of formatting issue between the way the mogul took pictures and the way the Touch Pro handles them, it causes the picture viewer in TF3D to lock up and reboot when you scroll through them.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbrown69 View Post
There is also some sort of formatting issue between the way the mogul took pictures and the way the Touch Pro handles them, it causes the picture viewer in TF3D to lock up and reboot when you scroll through them.
Yup, that can be easily fixed by resizing the pictures with an external program like Photoshop. If that doesn't work, removing all EXIF data should help.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid X & HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon!

Mr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I was looking forward to the TP as soon as it was announced. I recommend switching as soon as you can.

There are some things I miss from my time with the Titan but not enough to pass the TP up. I'm really just looking forward to the tweaking, updating, flashing, etc. that made having the Titan such a blast.

Look before you Leap. SEARCH before you Speak.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

moovius is keeping up the good workmoovius is keeping up the good work

So I can get anywhere from 3.5 to 4.5 hours of phone conversation on my mogul right now (using the DCD 3.2.6 rom).

What are you guys seeing for talk time on your TP's?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison