PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

inmnbob is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Moving from Mogul to TP

Just wanted to touch the forum for final advice. I have been using the Mogul for a while and with all of your help have it working great. It is getting beat up and the talk button doesn't work--so it's time to look at making a change. My local Sprint store still has a new mogul in stock but also has HTC Touch Pro as well.

Is the TP all that and do you think it is worth upgrading to or should I stay with the Mogul. I've read that there are problems with it --heat and battery etc.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:49 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Moving from Mogul to TP

tp... i came from a mogul... no comparison

Old 12-14-2008, 12:53 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

love my pro. bought an extra battery and love it more now.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPCT7380 Touch Pro2 and 4 PPC-6850 TP

rsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuff

Best upgrade yet, the free ram alone is worth it. One thing I have noticed when upgrading to the TP is if you are transferring over any pictures from older sources to the TP the album program can get hung up on the album.cache file in every folder that had pictures in it. I did a search for every one and deleted them all, then let the TP album program create its own new ones, has been working lag free ever since.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmnbob View Post
Just wanted to touch the forum for final advice. I have been using the Mogul for a while and with all of your help have it working great. It is getting beat up and the talk button doesn't work--so it's time to look at making a change. My local Sprint store still has a new mogul in stock but also has HTC Touch Pro as well.

Is the TP all that and do you think it is worth upgrading to or should I stay with the Mogul. I've read that there are problems with it --heat and battery etc.
I upgraded from a Mogul and by the end of the first day with the TP I never looked back....The only negative I have going on is the battery life which I'll resolve with a second battery shortly, other than that the TP is a blast to tweak
Old 12-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

You won't even remember the name Mogul after the TP... I personally havent had bad batterylife due to using Juggalo's TP ROM... plus, i don't leave many programs running in task manager... i feel as long as you have a good rom, and don't leave tons of programs running on the RAM, you shouldn't have much a problem with the battery...

Definitely TRAIN your battery tho... let it die completely, charge it to the max, take the battery out, put it back in, charge it for another 30 mins or so, then let it drain completely again. Do this a few times and your battery will reach a MAX Capacity and you will be glad you did it!

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 12-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
You won't even remember the name Mogul after the TP... I personally havent had bad batterylife due to using Juggalo's TP ROM... plus, i don't leave many programs running in task manager... i feel as long as you have a good rom, and don't leave tons of programs running on the RAM, you shouldn't have much a problem with the battery...

Definitely TRAIN your battery tho... let it die completely, charge it to the max, take the battery out, put it back in, charge it for another 30 mins or so, then let it drain completely again. Do this a few times and your battery will reach a MAX Capacity and you will be glad you did it!
From what I was told, battery training doesn't apply to li-ion batteries, only to ni-cads
Old 12-14-2008, 05:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Allsmell

PWeber is a n00b

I misses the Mogul "OK" button and thumwheel. Definately read the posts about the "go back" and home keys needing pressed in their top corners for their native functions or the left/ right "D pad" function they also are used for will drive you crazy. I ahd installed AE Button plus for an OK and "Today" buttons as I could not get predictable function from the Home and go back buttons until I found a post about those button pressing issues and the left/ right cursor function they also serve. I now dont need it. I like the # hey on the keyboard without having to hit "FN" fisrt to use. I did not like the work correction and went wit the tweek to take it back to the MOGUL style. It is a large leap. I have no idea how someone who has never had a PDA phone before gets to liking this one if they come from a RAZR or something. It takes some past expertise in Windows Mobile I think to grasp all of this phone. Also, battery s^cks as you by now know. I love it though. Have spent likely 10-15 hrs on this forum and XDA gathering the info to get it/ use it to where I do.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

UPGRADE! You know you want to...

Well, you'll never have to worry about managing your memory again.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:40 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
UPGRADE! You know you want to...

Well, you'll never have to worry about managing your memory again.
i heard someone with this ppc called the mugol i think it was and they were raving about this program called oxios.... ever hear of it?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison