PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Pro vs. Vzn Pro vents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Agree 110% I'd take my $30 sero plan and have a few dropped calls any day over verizon with a comparable plan that costs $110. I don't mind the few dropped calls or the less than perfect customer service. I hardly call customer care anyway. Even without a sero plan, sprint still would be $69 I believe which is still better than verizon
im out here in wendell, nc and my sprint tp works pretty much all the time when ih ad verizon i couldnt half make a call in knightdale wendell or zebulong so 80 bucks a month for No service...for get it...i made the switch and im paying less for more...verizon has good customer service yes...but best network? ill challenge that...sprints 3g network is more dependable and reliable then any other out there..and im not jus saying that Gizmodo has tested the network....lol...so i feel sorry for verizon customers...the BB storm was also another failure in my perspective but thats a whole nother topic lol haha

HTC Mogul>HTC Touch>HTC TP>HTC Snap>Palm Pre>HTC TP2(PUKE)>HTC Hero>HTC Evo
htc... is it in ur blood?
Old 03-13-2009, 12:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionsbuckle View Post
i feel sorry for verizon customers...
LOL, I'm on Verizon service & I don't need anybody "feeling sorry" for me.

I could have any service I wanted (I've had every service available at one time or another through my business, I had Sprint for two miserable years) & Verizon just flat out works for me.

I honestly don't care what it costs, the business pays for it anyway. If Sprint where even half as good as some posters claim it is, I never would have left them in the first place........(& there wouldn't be a 300 post thread on how to convert a Sprint TP to VZ service)

~John
Old 04-05-2009, 09:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

okay having both the verizon touch pro and the sprint touch pro I can make a pretty fair and unbiased comparison between the two models. Immediately out of the box, I saw the black finish and I liked the black. But if I were to just judge this phone based on appearance, I would definitely put this one over the sprint touch pro. The keyboard keys are bigger too and I generally like that change.

Now the problems
Out of the box it was terribly slow and buggy. it was slow even opening the start menu! and this was with the touch flo and large start menu disabled. With touchflo enabled, this phone became impossible to work with. So after 2 minutes of dealing with this, I flashed a rom (juicy 6 to be exact) and it was a memory demon. Disabling the htc phone dialer helped tremendously as well as SKtools, and I rest at a cool 75-80 percent. One problem with the phone is that the device was so cut in half, it even became impossible (after a flash and pagepool increase) to multitask. Above that, the colors are washed out, icons aren't as sharp as the sprint touch pro version. The device in itself just isn't as snappy or refined as its sprint counterpart. Its a phone I truly want to like, because it is black, the home button isn't raised like on my sprint touch pro and there is no chrome chipping. But with so many negatives with it, I cannot recommend the device.

The sprint touch pro excels the verizon touch pro in usability, color depth, keyboard design, and also battery life is much more improved on the sprint version out of the box. If you have a vzw touch pro, be ashamed because this device was cut to shreds without a real reason for the device to be so cut. Trust me, stick with sprint if we were to go on hardware alone, the sprint device outperforms the verizon device in every category. Probably the best thing about this was I got an extended battery free from verizon.

That's my review of the vzw touch pro. Much like the xv6900 I wanted to like the phone, but I was so conflicted. I couldn't like it at all
Old 04-07-2009, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

mikel81 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
(& there wouldn't be a 300 post thread on how to convert a Sprint TP to VZ service)
Below is why there is a 300+ post thread on how to switch print phone to verizon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post

The sprint touch pro excels the verizon touch pro in usability, color depth, keyboard design, and also battery life is much more improved on the sprint version out of the box. If you have a vzw touch pro, be ashamed because this device was cut to shreds without a real reason for the device to be so cut. Trust me, stick with sprint if we were to go on hardware alone, the sprint device outperforms the verizon device in every category. Probably the best thing about this was I got an extended battery free from verizon.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

After hearing all the complaints about how Verizon gimped the TP, I will gladly stay with SPRINT. Been with Sprint for years, and have always had fairly decent experiences with C/S and the plan that I have on 4 phones is alot less than what Verizon wants for the same comparitable plan.
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"
Old 04-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

I know this is a bit off topic, but...

Bring out the
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 05-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Lurker

tim105237 is a n00b

I have to admit I got sucked into the 2year commit VZW plan. I want to confirm Verizon made it VERY DIFFICULT to get the TouchPro. Not avail in local store AT ALL in SoCal. You have to wait three days for the FedEx drop. I also want to confirm, no screen protector, no headphone, just phone, a charger, and a little dongle for headphone/USB jack, even the real instructure manual is on CD.

Out of the box, was like this device is infected by some verizon virus... DOG SLOW... The battery... I charged the battery overnight (10+) hours. Next day, I unplugged the charger, waited for 10min in standby mode (screen off), battery went down to 90%. The battery lasted about 2.5 hours in standby. The next full charge, I turned off bluetooth, WiFi, data, just the phone... the battery lasted only 3.5 hours.

Per suggestion, after a hard reset (ClearStorage), this POJ ran a little faster but still EXTREMELY sluggish and no improvement in battery life. I had to perform soft reset about 10 times a day because of this random lockups. The device is simply un-usable out of the box. I took this POJ to Verizon, asking to speak to a manager. The VZW store manager acted very surprised and said, they never heard this problem before, and asked me to contact HTC tech support listed from the user's guide.

I was thinking about initiating a class action lawsuit against Verizon for bloated advertisement... their website stated HTC Touch Pro has like 4 hrs of talk time and 350+ hours standby!? They will definitely get a compliant case from the Federal Public Utility Commission from me. Like the AIG executives, VZW executives need to be reminded that this is America and their are many laws protecting the consumers for fraud and abuse, especially in the Telecomm space.

If VZW marketing was serious about putting this PoJ on the market, knowing their target market is for "business community"; knowing the competition (Sprint) performs a lot better using the same hardware, knowing there are custom ROMs out there in the public space proving Verizon are PURPOSELY CRIPPING the phone for whatever reasons, all these are evidence pointing to their willful act gross negligence, deceiving the public with false advertisements. They are really dancing on eggshells this time.

Anyway, thanks to the PCGeek community and especially the Raphael team of techGods, I was able to jawbreak this POJ and installed a custom ROM. Now my TP has an acceptable battery life >10 hrs with reasonable daily activities; and the system response is much much faster... that's all I am asking.. for paying ~$500 for a reasonable working phone.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

LOL! I like the gimp picture. lol. I finally had a chance to play with the vzn pro for about 3 seconds. I dropped it and washed my hands as fast as I could. That thing is hidious! They charged all that money and gimp the living life out of it. lol. Go with omnia.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP/MR5 and TP/Juicy 7
Carrier: Sprint Only The Best

bayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bayushikitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
LOL! I like the gimp picture. lol. I finally had a chance to play with the vzn pro for about 3 seconds. I dropped it and washed my hands as fast as I could. That thing is hidious! They charged all that money and gimp the living life out of it. lol. Go with omnia.
Sounds to me that VZN TP was covered with Swine Flu
Old 06-24-2009, 01:20 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

HAHAHA! I recently played again with the vzn Pro. And that thing feels soooo cheap. Its very light and the plastic feels like.. cheap plastic. Finger prints are horrible on it. Swinned flu gimp.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison