PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Pro vs. Vzn Pro vents!

damn... got moved. lol
Old 11-27-2008, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

Kalnel is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
I don't understand how you guys can't think this is better than the 6700. It has a dedicated row for number keys. It's VGA, it's Rev A. It has a faster CPU. Much more RAM. Native support for SDHC. I've noticed the Bluetooth is far superior as far as range. It has a better camera.

The things that are cited as being "missing", such as YouTube, and ICS weren't stock on the 6700, they were add-ons after custom ROMs were created.
Don't get me wrong -- I don't mean to rant, because I think the TP may turn out to be great with a new ROM.

Right now, I'm just comparing the functionality I had yesterday (with my customized 6700) versus the functionality I have today with my TP. Feature for feature, the TP is not yet meeting/exceeding the 6700 yet (at least for my use).

I understand that the TP has better specs than the 6700, but at this point, I'm not seeing enough performance improvements to see much of a difference, apart from storage memory. I've seen ZERO difference on the network speed with RevA -- if anything, I was thinking the TP is slower loading web pags. Hopefully, a new ROM will address all this.

On the design/feature side, most of my issues are things I imagine I'll eventually get used to. I wish the TP had more hard buttons, IR, audio out, and a slightly different keyboard, but, oh well. I'm hoping the gyro, GPS, etc. will make up for it.

Anyway, time and new ROMs will tell... kal
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Silent_Patriot is becoming a great contributor

I'm pretty pissed at VZW about this and will be leaving them to return to Sprint when contract is up on 12/27. I abhor Sprint's customer service tho, it was the worst I have ever experienced when I was last with them before this stint with VZW and they are being less then helpful about allowing my old XV6800 on their network which means I will have to buy a 2nd phone for my son.

I really wish there was some other competition out there - Alltel doesn't serve this market and I don't trust AT&T's network (dropped calls are their specialty). Here's to hoping that I will never have to contact Sprint's CS ever again, but I just can't stay with VZW after this bonehead move.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Its funny. Even thou I do have the Sprint Pro, I think the 6700 was more powerful. I recall that my 3d games were smoother specially after overclocking it to 667. I do miss the ir to. I used it to control my tv. Alot of ppl did say "wow" when I changed their channel on their tv. lol
Old 11-27-2008, 09:18 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Btw... I cant believe vzn did not include head phones. God damn...
Old 11-28-2008, 03:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

williejr185 is just getting started

Wow I did not know the Verizon Touch Pro had different specs. Thank God I have a Sprint contract, and what's even better is my Touch Pro "fell off the truck" so I got it for $200 no tax or new contract.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post

Just for laughs...........

lmfao
Old 11-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

I am glad you liked it. Vzn ppl.... dont take out your frustration on me for making this pic. Do whats good for humanity and return that cripple Pro back to vzn and tell them to go cripple off! Switch to Sprint... here you have freedom!
Old 11-28-2008, 07:45 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

WOW! To add more insult to injury...........

There is NO YouTube app. There is NO IM applications either.
There was no included microSD.
There was no included earbuds.
There was no included cheapy case.

Damn! Just damn...... I would have thrown this back at vzn as fast as I could.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Pertty funny but sadly it sums it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej_BENjjeb8

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison