PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 11:27 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Disgusted by iPhone users reviewing the TP with bias on CNET

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
People youre all adults you should know by now who cares what other people think as long as you like it.
speak for urself im 13

Old 11-13-2008, 11:37 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: samsung
Carrier: vzn
Threadstarter

Unflushablelog is keeping up the good workUnflushablelog is keeping up the good workUnflushablelog is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post

And FYI i think cnet's review (the official one) was pretty accurate. Their "bad's" - The Touch Pro is sluggish at times; the smartphone is bulky; and there's no standard headphone jack or dedicated camera key ar al pretty much truths and not a secret from any of us who have brought these gripes up
but it doesn't deserve a half star. that's my point. i think it's obvious people who surf on ppcgeeks/xda know a thing or two about windows mobile and are more advanced compared to users of others mobile operating systems. but there are people who go onto cnet to see how people review products and then base their decision on that. that's why there's an option to mark whether people thought it was a helpful review or not. i don't think we're being childish - i wouldn't go out there and rate the iPhone half a star, i'd give it a realistic rating based on my needs as a mobile user.
i just want to get the proper word out. apple has enough marketing, they don't need douche bags to hate on htc phones. iPhone is winning the popularity contest and the demand is increasing. soon, sprint may not even offer phones like the touch pro or at least diminish their offerings.. then maybe you'd think differently about caring about stuff like this. the more the iPhone and android phones dominate, the more windows mobile users will suffer.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
speak for urself im 13
Rofl, now that was a good one.

ON Cnet

"Too thick to be useful" followed by the reply
"Your mother is too thick to be useful"
Old 11-13-2008, 11:57 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Unflushablelog is keeping up the good workUnflushablelog is keeping up the good workUnflushablelog is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
ON Cnet

"Too thick to be useful" followed by the reply
"Your mother is too thick to be useful"
LOL i've got to admit that gave me a nice laugh
Old 11-13-2008, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evolte
Carrier: Sprint

grad20_09 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Only thing I like about the iphone is the faact that its a American product. Thats it.
Last time I checked, they were shipped straight from Shanghai. That was three years ago when I ordered a personalized IPOD Video, and sold it within a year. Over-priced POS without a FM tuner.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grad20_09 View Post
Last time I checked, they were shipped straight from Shanghai. That was three years ago when I ordered a personalized IPOD Video, and sold it within a year. Over-priced POS without a FM tuner.
ha i wouldn't be surprised if they were produced overseas, but i guess he meant apple being in the US as opposed to HTC being in Taiwan
Old 11-14-2008, 12:12 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
no, we are pissed because that review was extremely biased and would discourage people from buying the phone due to the fact that an idiot wrote a review with no cellphone knowledge whatsoever
I'm not pissed. I don't care if noobs are turned away from the phone for being gullible enough to believe the reviews. The people who will appreciate the TP will know the reviews are BS.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q, PPC-6700, PPC-6800, PPC-6900
Carrier: Alltel, and Cricket

midiology is keeping up the good workmidiology is keeping up the good work

Well as far as everything goes..

Some people on here say why do we even care what they say about our phone,,

mainly because Iphone users saying the Touch is a crappy phone,, is like a redneck chevy driver saying my mercedes is crappy because it cant go muddin....

The Iphone was designed and built to be a tinker toy,, it was made to specialize in pictures, and music,, and some video... and it does these very well...

the touch may not do videos as super special as the iphone but it does them very nicely,, but the difference is,, if they invent a new kind of streaming video for the net,, that is the new fangled thing,, we can build our own codec,, or find a proggie real quick that will run it,, but iphone users will have to wait for a system update,, and then still, the iphone may not get it...

If I wanna play pacman,, I can,, if I wanna do spreadsheets I can,, If I wanna emulate super nes I can,, if I wanna hook up to my home network through vpn and share data accross my home network I can..
the possibillites are endless on the winmo based phones,, and with the advent of faster processor,, better video rendering hardware and more memory in the tp and td,, I could fly to the dang moon if someone could write a proggie for my touch to do it.. lol

but the iphone is what it will always be,, until someone figures out how to put linux on it or something...

and besides,, the people who own only an iphone and hate ppc phones.. are not of the same caliber of people that own ppc phones,,, not saying their stupid, they just follow the crowd,, its about status quo for them,, and they just sit around and say,, "hey your phone doesnt play youtube vidoes? you have to install a program to play youtube videos?" well my answer to that,, is I can install a proggie to play them,, but I can also install anything else I want and expand my phones abillities without limits,,,
Old 11-14-2008, 12:22 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

i'm just worried that eventually windows mobile will die out thanks to the popularity of the iphone (and android, as soon as they stick it in a nice looking device)... that's why fake reviews bother me.

someone in the marketing department for Microsoft needs to be fired though. their phones are truly underestimated.
before the touch pro, i had the mogul... before that, i had a simple cell phone (the katana). i have no idea how i came about adopting a phone that has windows mobile because i certainly didn't take notice to any advertising nor did any of my friends have wm phones at the time. i only came across development forums such as this months after i got my mogul. in a way, i guess i took a gamble with the mogul and am very happy i did so. if sprint advertised this phone and the diamond more, perhaps they would get more attention... They are more powerful now, have a nice interface and finally look sleek compared to past ppc phones. I could understand why they wouldn't advertise a phone that just has the simple wimbows mobile today screen, but all that's changed with touchflo2d/3d - what is sprint waiting for?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:25 AM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

hahaha looks like the pro users rebelled against the snotty iphoners crap lol its up to 4 stars already
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison