PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: samsung
Carrier: vzn

Unflushablelog is keeping up the good workUnflushablelog is keeping up the good workUnflushablelog is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Disgusted by iPhone users reviewing the TP with bias on CNET

Please be courteous and tasteful in any responses to this thread. We don't need to argue, we just need to post our positive reviews on cnet (http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/....html?tag=rnav) to show support for the TP and give PPCs the credit they deserve. Also remember to occasionally post on here, so we can keep the thread alive for those who haven't seen it. If you don't agree, you're more than welcome to leave the thread. This post is for Touch Pro owners that want to show support for their phones (that's why it's in the touch pro forum).
Moderator "Pattycerts" reinstated this thread on one condition:
"OK, I'm moving back here again. PLAY NICE, without the personal attacks this thread can do a lot of good, so lets see to it that both hold true"

I'm pretty sickened by some of the reviewers on CNET for the Sprint Touch Pro. They're rating this phone half a star out of five just because they're in love with their iPhones. They clearly don't know a thing about Windows Mobile or Sprint and the bias is appalling. "This phone doesn't have 3g" & "Just another asian joke!!!!!!!!"" - quotes like these make me sick (don't judge me for calling these reviewers names, they asked for it and it's just my opinion). Apparently, they have no idea what EVDO rev A is and don't realize our phones had it before the iPhone even came out. It's also obvious they skewed the "has this review been useful" option that cnet has for their reviews. Before this phone started getting noticed by people outside of ppcgeeks/xda, the reviews on cnet were much more realistic. I know i shouldn't care, but it's obvious iPhone users are bitter for some reason. That being said, this means war. Touch Pro vs iPhone users (keep it classy guys). I have nothing against friendly iPhoners, but when irrational/ignorant reviews are made about our phone, of course we're going to rally and show support.

Why do any of us rate any product on a website? To give an accurate review of the product we bought and tested, so that others can learn from our purchases. That way, those people can make a better decision on buying a product. This is what this thread is about. Take back the respect that HTC should be earning with this phone. If you disagree on making the reviews right, then you obviously don't get it. I'm not saying everyone should go out and give it 5 stars, but it should not be getting half a star by someone that's not even with sprint and doesn't know what evdo is. It's neat to own a unique piece of tech, but the higher the demand, the better our devices will get. If HTC devices were more popular, maybe we'd be sitting with a CDMA Touch Hd right now, instead of the Touch Pro. Who knows? Sprint may even stray from offering so many business phones, if they finally get the iPhone. Where will that leave us?

I say we band together and write positive reviews on CNET for this phone that we've come to love in a short time. It's obviously much better than our previous devices and shouldn't even come close to getting half a star! I mean, I love WM and don't like the iPhone, but i'd never give it a crappy rating like that. CNET's official review is 3 and a half stars... same as they gave the mogul! If you ask me, that's unfair because this phone trumps the mogul and fixes previous problem we had on our moguls. Meanwhile, they gave the 3g iPhone 4 stars on launch date even with all the fault and lack of simple features like copy/paste, video taking, and flash support. iPhone reviewers responded by giving it 3 stars - lower than CNET's rating! Our Touch Pro users responded to the TP by giving it 4 stars - higher than CNET'S rating!
AGAIN, I ask that everyone who writes a review on cnet: to please, keep is clean and tasteful. We don't need to bash innocent iPhone users, we just need to give a true rating to silence these biased iPhoners. If you must, you could always just click "reply" on their review and tell them why you think they're just being biased (replies to reviews should be fair game because the original reviewers can defend themselves. Chances are they won't because they know it's a bs review in the first place).

Please go here and write a positive review, so people who aren't biased that are looking for a great business/customizable phone can rely on real feedback:
http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/....html?tag=rnav

Last edited by Unflushablelog; 11-14-2008 at 06:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 26 times.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:58 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Disgusted by iPhone users reviewing the TP with bias on CNET

*****es GSM can suck my ****

Old 11-13-2008, 10:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D
Carrier: Sprint

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

oh ya my tp can do copy/paste take that iphone users
Old 11-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Tre0 Pr0

mikesousa is a n00b

You know what GSM stands for..... "Go Suck Meat." - LOL
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:03 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

can't agree more. I have posted POSITIVE AND GLOWING REVIEWS on CNET, Engadget Mobile, and PhoneDog. Support your WinMo device!!!

We don't need no stinking AppStore...the WORLD is our App Store!!!!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:05 PM
The Hibster

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community

I bashed em guys... http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...ws;summaryList
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evolte

grad20_09 is becoming a great contributor

My TP sends/receives regular Pic messages. HAH!..
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:11 PM
The Hibster

i am steaming right now no joke still recovering
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Doughstackz

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

lol **** them iphoners.
im a sprint sales associate and i rub my phone in their face every time i get a chance.

now, i will say, jailbroke iPhones aren't BAD. i'm just not a fan.
i prefer to set myself apart from all them lames.
people see my phone and just go "wow, wtf is that?! *drops iphone*"

and they COMPLETELY forget about multi-touch even existing once i circle the tiniest object in a picture and ZOOM in COMPLETELY to view it in detail.

ouch.

take that iphone.

get a better camera first before you talk some ****!

TOUCH PRO!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Sure jailbroken iphones aren't BAD, but they aren't GOOD either. :P

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison