PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

eTiger13 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to eTiger13 Send a message via Yahoo to eTiger13
Re: Want to upgrade from Sprint Touch to Diamond or Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtatic View Post
for your kind information htc touch pro also support tv output as well anbd the only difference between the diamond and the touch pro is the diamond comes with inbuilt 4gb memory and touch pro doesnt. but diamond doesnt have expandable memory card slot while touch pro has and think about it now we have the 16gb sd cards which is supported by the touch pro. so if i were u i would deffinately upgrade to a pro. mater a fact i have a mogul and already ordered a touch pro for $149.99 after mail-in-rebate.
how did you get it for that price?
Old 11-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
your right...mine got slightly warm on a 30 minute call today. Nowhere near the "hotness" of the diamond. I unplugged my charger sunday morning at 9 am and I still have 2 bars on it now.
but then again mine doesn't get too hot at all, and battery life is just fine for me, but maybe my standards in a phone are just lower then most peoples
Old 11-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
but then again mine doesn't get too hot at all, and battery life is just fine for me, but maybe my standards in a phone are just lower then most peoples
yeah, I went from a sanyo scp8400 that never got hot and could last 3 to 4 days without charging but it's not a smartphone. So i was kinda like "what the HE**! But in all honesty the batt life is pretty good for what it is!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamiamjo View Post
Why wouldn't you switch?
Well I like the size and got use to the color. Aside from that, I customized the device so the heating issue is fixed, also my battery now is amazing, guess I got lucky on that? Also I really don't need a storage card as I use Orb for ALL my media, except pictures. Plus I the length, size, and chrome of the Touch Pro doesn't appeal to me at all. Basically this Diamond suits me. Thats why it's really your choice.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

I have also heard that the radio in the diamond isnt as good as the one in the touch pro. This is easily fixable though with a flash. Also I heard that the radio for the Verizon touch pro is better than both of sprints.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Almost a VIP

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsimon1979 View Post
I have also heard that the radio in the diamond isnt as good as the one in the touch pro. This is easily fixable though with a flash. Also I heard that the radio for the Verizon touch pro is better than both of sprints.
Yup that's how I fixed my heating issue, just flashed the VZW TP Radio.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Desire (Telstra) / at&t Nexus One
Carrier: at&t

cortez is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by abovelegit View Post
Yup that's how I fixed my heating issue, just flashed the VZW TP Radio.
is there an option to flash back to the Sprint Radio? or would one have to flash to the stock Sprint ROM to do so?
Old 11-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortez View Post
is there an option to flash back to the Sprint Radio? or would one have to flash to the stock Sprint ROM to do so?
OS ROM is different from Radio Rom. VZW RADIO and Sprint Radio are in the Upgrades sub-forum. Sprint OS ROM along with many others are their also like Juicy's ROM.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Desire (Telstra) / at&t Nexus One
Carrier: at&t

cortez is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by abovelegit View Post
OS ROM is different from Radio Rom. VZW RADIO and Sprint Radio are in the Upgrades sub-forum. Sprint OS ROM along with many others are their also like Juicy's ROM.
thanks for your response. i'm well aware of the differences in OS ROM and Radio ROM. with my GSM Phones, i can reflash the original/stock ROM to restore both the OS and Radio ROM. i was asking if i could reflash the Sprint Stock ROM to reinstall the Sprint Radio. (obviously, i didn't do a good job asking my intended question.)
Old 11-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortez View Post
thanks for your response. i'm well aware of the differences in OS ROM and Radio ROM. with my GSM Phones, i can reflash the original/stock ROM to restore both the OS and Radio ROM. i was asking if i could reflash the Sprint Stock ROM to reinstall the Sprint Radio. (obviously, i didn't do a good job asking my intended question.)
Oh, im not sure, I'd like to know also. Thanks,

Edit: I flashed an OS ROM (Juicy's) a few times after changing my radio to VZW, and I just now checked my radio version thanks to Juggalo, and my radio still appears to be VZW.

Last edited by abovelegit; 11-03-2008 at 10:15 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison