PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any mogul to diamond users?

THE DIAMOND ROCKS!!!!

Specially with all the customizations.

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO

reekolu is keeping up the good workreekolu is keeping up the good work

I went from Mogul to Diamond and I don't miss the hardware keyboard, I used PocketCM Keyboard most of the time anyway. I do miss the Moguls battery life, as I'm sure you have read over and over, the battery life on the Diamond sucks, but the VGA screen makes up for that short coming. You'll eventually get used to typing on the screen.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc Diamond

aleashia83 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Any mogul to diamond users?

I'm a huge texter...and at first I was disapointed... but you'll get used to the software keyboard after a while....Lol I just enjoy having a smalller phone. The Mogul was like a lil mini laptop. The diamond is an awesome phone....it seems when they designed it, they listened to all the negitive feedback from the mogul and created this one...good job HTC
Old 10-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bridic is keeping up the good workbridic is keeping up the good work

I dont miss my mogul at all.

I was using TouchPal on my mogul and installed it on my diamond.

I type faster than with the mogul keyboard.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC diamond w/groove 5 21232
Carrier: radio 1.11.00F on Sprint, 60652

bacspasm is becoming a great contributor

Went from Mogul (1 year) to the Diamond and loving it. The size and form factor are very much making it easier to carry either belt case or pocket. The TouchFlo 3d is fantastic and works better than the Manila 2d I was using with the Mogul. The Display is the main reason for this, having the higher resolution is not only better for photos but it makes reading emails easier.

Finally the keyboard while less than perfect for typing actually is better from the standpoint of getting a quick sms out because you don't need to rotate the phone and then slide the keyboard out in order to start typing. I use the Full Qwerty.

Overall I love it
Old 10-10-2008, 10:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

i've gotta agree w/pretty much everyone, never really miss the slide out.

my main gripes are lack of storage card slot (my 8GB microSD is going to waste now unless i pick up a pro), and the lack of flash/light.

not sure if those features will be worth the increase in size though
Old 10-10-2008, 11:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

cddmh is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to cddmh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostars9 View Post
I thought I'd do the same and I have the diamond keyboard cab on my mogul. However sometimes it does weirdo things like it gets stuck only doing symbols, or stuck doing capital letters.. and using symbols was a pain sometimes. That could totally be a buggy can though. Also I found that it covered up much of the screen when you were trying to read what you typed. Does the diamond not have these issues with the SIP?
If you double tap the caps or symbols, it will stay on there till you tap it again.

I too am not missing the hardware as much as I thought I would. I wonder if the Pro will throw less heat. Battery life I can deal with. I am usually never more than 5 feet from my charger in my job. I wonder about the heat. That will definately make me switch if the pro is cooler.

Last edited by cddmh; 10-10-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i'm still fresh out of the box, but so far i'm impressed after 4 hours. i think the pro will lure me in simply cause of the kb and video-out... the mogul spoiled me on the KB front...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 10-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

soulreaver99 is a n00b

I just got my Diamomd of of Craigslist for $250 (new in the box!) because it was such a tempting price. My Mogol was already showing its age with all the physical wear and tear on it. The biggest most obvious difference I see when using the Diamond when using the Mogul is the size. Without the sliding keyboard it is so much lighter and easy to fit into my jeans pocket. The TouchFlo works great especially for one handed functions such as making calls. Another big difference is the screen quality. The Diamond is so much sharper than the Mogul and websites on Opera look great.

I do however miss the keyboard a lot because I write a of e-mails and send a lot of text messages. The software keyboard on the Diamond worked better than I thought and it's going to take some getting used to. It will never compare to how fast i can write on the Mogul's keyboard.

Switching through applications, browsing through the web and running multimedia files is very quick on the Diamond compared to the Mogul. No lag, no slowdowns and it's great.

The biggest annoyance I have with the phone so far is that when I make calls on the phone and talk to people, it sounds like the sound is coming out in the middle of the phone instead of the earpiece so it's heard to understand people. The speakerphone is loud and clear but I can't use that if I want to make private conversations. I'm using the latest Juicy Firmware and it still doesn't resolve the issue, it does however increase the volume but it's awkward listening through the center of the phone rather than the earpiece. I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem. [OK, I figured out the problem. The plastic film that's on the screen is blocking the earpiece! Doh! It works great now and it's LOUD!]

Once the Touch Pro comes out, I will definitely switch over.

Last edited by soulreaver99; 10-12-2008 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

Blaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good work

I am addicted to the Touchpal keyboard... Best by far! However, I am scheduled to get a Touch Pro, only because I have to compare both phones side-by-side. I mised the expandable memory more than the keyboard. That's my hang-up. I won't be able to rest until I have tested them both! Then I can decide for sure! Try touchpal, once I tried it...I never went back, I had it on my VOGUE as well!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison