View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 02:16 PM
soulreaver99
Lurker

soulreaver99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any mogul to diamond users?

I just got my Diamomd of of Craigslist for $250 (new in the box!) because it was such a tempting price. My Mogol was already showing its age with all the physical wear and tear on it. The biggest most obvious difference I see when using the Diamond when using the Mogul is the size. Without the sliding keyboard it is so much lighter and easy to fit into my jeans pocket. The TouchFlo works great especially for one handed functions such as making calls. Another big difference is the screen quality. The Diamond is so much sharper than the Mogul and websites on Opera look great.

I do however miss the keyboard a lot because I write a of e-mails and send a lot of text messages. The software keyboard on the Diamond worked better than I thought and it's going to take some getting used to. It will never compare to how fast i can write on the Mogul's keyboard.

Switching through applications, browsing through the web and running multimedia files is very quick on the Diamond compared to the Mogul. No lag, no slowdowns and it's great.

The biggest annoyance I have with the phone so far is that when I make calls on the phone and talk to people, it sounds like the sound is coming out in the middle of the phone instead of the earpiece so it's heard to understand people. The speakerphone is loud and clear but I can't use that if I want to make private conversations. I'm using the latest Juicy Firmware and it still doesn't resolve the issue, it does however increase the volume but it's awkward listening through the center of the phone rather than the earpiece. I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem. [OK, I figured out the problem. The plastic film that's on the screen is blocking the earpiece! Doh! It works great now and it's LOUD!]

Once the Touch Pro comes out, I will definitely switch over.

Last edited by soulreaver99; 10-12-2008 at 10:22 PM.