PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cocochannel is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any mogul to diamond users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostars9 View Post
How is not having the keyboard? Did you get used to it and don't miss it? Will you be getting the touch pro and sending the diamond back?
its weird but im gettin use to it. i type mad slow like this. gettin a little bit faster. will probably get the pro tho
Old 09-27-2008, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro
Carrier: sprint

nelly48237 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to nelly48237

i too have left the mogul and went to the diamond. i personally wasnt' sure if i would like it and was planning to go to the pro when it came out. but i have to admit, i am really starting to like not having a keyboard. since so many other phones have keyboards, it's really nothing special about it now. and even though i did get use to using the keyboard, and didn't think i could ever live without it, i've found that i acturally have started to like not having to flip open a keyboard to text. when the pro comes out, i am going use my 30 days free exchange to get the pro so i can test to see if i like it better than the diamond. so far the only thing that i don't like about the diamond is that it doesn't have a removable storage card
Old 09-28-2008, 01:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian

im another mogul user who really wants the diamond. hopefully sometime next week.

EDIT: just got off the phone with Sprint and im getting a diamond on tuesday

Last edited by blazin-asian; 09-28-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

gostars9 is keeping up the good workgostars9 is keeping up the good work

What about landscape mode? I read that the accelerometer will only reorient the screen in a few apps so you're stuck with only using the SIP in the non-landscape view in some apps. Are there any sip problems that you guys have run into related to that? I'm just fearful that the on screen keyboard is going to cover up too much screen since I'm so used to having my entire screen for viewing and a dedicated keyboard. I'm really interested in the thinness of the diamond and may test drive one to see if I like it.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

gostars9 is keeping up the good workgostars9 is keeping up the good work

Also.. what's the work on pocketability? I'm using the belt holster now with my mogul and it wonder if the diamond fits in the pocket much better than the mogul does?
Old 09-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work

if the mogul can fit in your pocket, you can fit 2 diamonds in your pocket lol
Old 09-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan

I to had a 6700, then a mogul, and got my diamond exactly 2 weeks ago today. I can honestly say, I dont really miss the keyboard now that I've gotten used to the sip qewrty. But, I do miss having the ability to remove the storage card cause 4gb maybe okay for some, I can fill that up pretty quickly with videos and music. I really do like the phone, just the battery drainage issue but im sure a new radio and or a cooked rom is going to help a lot. I am going to get a touch pro, the camera doesn't have a flash and that's one of the main reasons. IF this phone had flash and removable storage I wouldn't be returning it for a pro. It's definitely a major upgrade over the Mogul and Apache and it's a lot faster. The vga rez is also something you have to see to appreciate, it's really nice and works well in the sun too. I am out in Central California so there's nothing but sun here, and without fail the screen keeps a tickin. I wouldn't go back to a mogul, it feels so bulky compared to this phone its unreal.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

guess all the mogul to diamond switchers are content if this thread has been so quiet

i know i am. im absolutely loving the form factor and dont know if i want to switch to the bulkier touch pro.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

I just received my diamond today and I can't believe how sexy this phone really is. I am definitely impressed with it so far and I am coming from a mogul. But since I have two lines I am planning on keeping the diamond anyway and get the pro whenever that comes out.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul - HTC Titan

symbolist is a n00b

I agree with most everyone here - the onscreen Diamond keyboards are very workable and I wouldn't go back to the Mogul if I was given one free. I have pretty large fingers and I'm not a kid who grew up texting, but if I can adapt I'm sure others can too.

During the use of the Mogul, I grew to not like its physical keyboard. Tactically it didn't feel right (hated the tiny "nubbins" on each key), the key combos for special characters were frustrating, and over time my Caps would get stuck & a couple keys barely responded.

The Diamond has a nice choice of keyboards, plus a much smarter Transcriber that I really like.

I'm having a great time, and feel this is the phone I've always wanted... I just had to lug around a couple giant blocks of lead (Mogul & the 6600) to get here.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison