PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
What will you miss from your Mogul?

I'm really liking all my buttons. I also use AE button plus. How will I get used to no buttons? Also, I'll miss the scroll wheel, functionality of nue hardware switch to be used as vibrate on and off.

On the other hand, the Raphael looks much better.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: What will you miss from your Mogul?

"What wont you miss?" wouldve been more appropriate...

My daily reset to keep it running smooth... not multitasking due to memory errors... camera that has no right to be called 2mp...
Old 09-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

That's simple. The scroll wheel that's about it.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

shark1987 is keeping up the good workshark1987 is keeping up the good work

well I haven't used a mogul for about 7 months but I won't miss the bluetooth cutting out. I don't think there is anything I really miss that won't be on the Touch Pro.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:11 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I haven't had my Mogul for almost a year now, but if I still did, I'd say the scroll wheel. Nothing else matters in comparison.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fishpony is becoming a great contributor

i will miss all my side buttons. I think i'll trade them for 4.5x the ram though
Old 09-25-2008, 12:18 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpony View Post
i will miss all my side buttons. I think i'll trade them for 4.5x the ram though
Yeah, and 4x the resolution, and another keyboard row, and a flush screen...and good GPS...etc.

The list goes on
Old 09-25-2008, 12:39 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Scroll wheel and buttons. I use the scroll wheel constantly, and the buttons are pretty valuable. Having instant access to the messaging and web browser is pretty useful, having a button mapped for the flashlight and one for the camera, and having the easily-accessible OK button where my thumb is anyway. Also kind of miss the external microSD slot. Still, as has been said, I think it's worth it for having over four times the RAM alone, not to mention the other stuff.

Oh, and my extended battery. I'm not going to enjoy having to wait three or four months again for Seidio to make a decent battery for it that I'll have to buy a new holster for.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:22 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

For me its quite simple, I am not going to miss a damn thing, except for doing a soft reset atleast once a day, thats just awesome(sarcasm).

Old 09-25-2008, 08:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I will just miss the buttons, especially the WiFi switch. Now that I am using the diamond I realize how much i liked that switch.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison