PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 07:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What will you miss from your Mogul?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
How is that easier to reach? If I'm holding it in my left hand, then the power button is right under my forefinger. This is in a position where none of my fingers reside naturally.
??...The side of the phone that's closest to us is the back, so if you're holding the phone with the face to you, the power button is immediately under your index when you slide your index finger to the top of the phone (it's on the left side of the phone).
Old 09-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
??...The side of the phone that's closest to us is the back, so if you're holding the phone with the face to you, the power button is immediately under your index when you slide your index finger to the top of the phone (it's on the left side of the phone).
Still failing to see how that's remotely easier. If I'm holding it in my left hand, on the Mogul, this places the current power button directly under my index finger. Perfect spot to turn it on and off instantly. I would have to slide my forefinger into a very unnaturally uncomfortable position to hit the power button in the new location. Now if I were to slide my THUMB up from the side, that's relatively easy to move into position and isn't a major inconvenience, but it's still no better than hitting a button already sitting under my index finger. I'm not complaining about the new position, as I'm sure I'll adjust to it very quickly. I'm just arguing that it's definitely not EASIER than the Mogul's power button.

Last edited by TurboFool; 09-25-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fishpony is becoming a great contributor

i agree, i'm not going to like the power button i know. i will get used to it though.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:07 PM
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Still failing to see how that's remotely easier. If I'm holding it in my left hand, on the Mogul, this places the current power button directly under my index finger. Perfect spot to turn it on and off instantly. I would have to slide my forefinger into a very unnaturally uncomfortable position to hit the power button in the new location. Now if I were to slide my THUMB up from the side, that's relatively easy to move into position and isn't a major inconvenience, but it's still no better than hitting a button already sitting under my index finger. I'm not complaining about the new position, as I'm sure I'll adjust to it very quickly. I'm just arguing that it's definitely not EASIER than the Mogul's power button.
Okay...don't wrap your index to the other side of the phone. Hold it with your middle finger, ring and pinky...thumb on the other side of the phone, index naturally points directly up towards the top of the phone. Keep in mind, the Touch Pro is shorter, so it'll be easier on that phone then it currently is on the Mogul. Since you guys are so adament about it, I'll try to take a pictures...LOL.

Last edited by drexappeal; 09-25-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:11 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92GTA View Post
The screen size
This is a joke, right? lol
Old 09-25-2008, 10:14 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Oh, and about the power button thing, you do get used to it (it's the same position as the Touch), but I do miss the location of it on the Mogul.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:21 PM
VIP Member

Okay, so I don't have an extra camera, but I took a pic with my Mogul of what I'm talking about. It definitely will take getting used to, but you see where my index finger is placed? I had to take a picture in the mirror at my office, so obviously what you're seeing is a reflection (so everything would be flipped, as far as placement is concerned). My other hand got in the way because I had to push the button for the camera.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAGE_036.jpg (46.3 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

@drexappeal

i wont be missing the moguls camera at all lol
Old 09-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Threadstarter

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

auto focus is a must if you want to take a pic of a book page for quick reference.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:52 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
auto focus is a must if you want to take a pic of a book page for quick reference.
I lol'ed.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison