PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2008, 10:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why I bought an Iphone 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendozilla View Post
First I started with my mogul plain interface, got hooked up to this site and got HTC home and customizer, got bored and got pointui a few day later I got SPB mobile shell regular, later I customized it with the diamond theme and the posibilities are endless that's just for the User Interface, not to mention the lots of programs and utilities many of them for free.
I'm not an Iphone hater either but for me to go and get an Iphone it would have to be more than just a pretty phone with a nice interface.
I loved the diamond theme for SPB MS but I was shocked when I saw it taking up almost 6 MB of memory. I had to go back to the default skin (less than 2).
Old 07-15-2008, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue - Sprint Touch
Threadstarter

flyhighusa is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to flyhighusa Send a message via MSN to flyhighusa Send a message via Skype™ to flyhighusa

What I think is fascinating is that almost everyone that picks the Touch/Mogul over the iPhone never even owned an iPhone.

Now I agree that in my opinion that both the Touch and the Mogul are superior to the FIRST generation iPhone, but the iPhone 3G beats them in many ways.

- But you can't customize the iPhone, people say.
- WRONG, a jailbroken iPhone can be customized just like a Touch/Mogul though currently there aren't as many programs as for a WM phone

Yeah the fact is it is a pretty phone with a nice interface, but that is exactly why its a great phone AND pda. The hardware is great just like other APPLE products such as a Macbook pro.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint EPRP

dicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to dicast

Will AT&T offer me a SERO plan? no? No, thanks
Old 07-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am a Mac guy myself. but i can not own an iPhone especially the new one. I would end up home less paying for the plan. Isnt over $100 for a plan with unlimited texts? I have unlimited everything except minutes (1000 anytime) and insurance, for around $50/month. if att come anywhere close to that i would consider. it is annoying having a winblows phone and and then my beautiful macbook. syncing and compatibility issues are quite a nuissance. thank god for bluetooth.

honestly the 2.0 update for the iPhone is incredible. you dont know squatt about mobile gaming until you play Monkeyball on an iPhone. I want an iPhone just for that. lol.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue - Sprint Touch
Threadstarter

flyhighusa is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to flyhighusa Send a message via MSN to flyhighusa Send a message via Skype™ to flyhighusa

I agree that the plan price sucks. That is the biggest reason why I had doubts. However the price/coverage ratio is worth it to me especially with my job. I have gotten in trouble not returning missed calls simply because sprint's coverage wasn't that great.

I actually think that Verizon is even better than AT&T coverage wise in the US, but AT&T is great overseas. Great for a pilot

Now I do get 19% discount through US Airways, so it helps a bit, but you're right it is at least twice as much per month compared to my old sero plan.

Is it worth it? I didn't thnk so at first, but after I see how many features I use on the iPhone and how much mobile browsing I do compared to my touch. Phewwww I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Just my $.02
Old 07-16-2008, 03:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: AT&T 8525

droeun is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyhighusa View Post
- No video
The iPhone 3g doesn't support video?
Old 07-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by droeun View Post
The iPhone 3g doesn't support video?

Just jailbreak it. i found out today that good ol' apple pulled a sprint/htc move and disabled some features of the phone. once you jailbreak your iPhone you can have zoom and video, but i believe its only :20 seconds at a time.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: AT&T 8525

droeun is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Just jailbreak it. i found out today that good ol' apple pulled a sprint/htc move and disabled some features of the phone. once you jailbreak your iPhone you can have zoom and video, but i believe its only :20 seconds at a time.
So right out of the box you can't transfer video files from your computer to it? If that's the case then that's my deciding factor to just wait for the X1
Old 07-16-2008, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: S6
Carrier: Verizon

Blad3 is just getting started

htc dream is going to rape everything in its path.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kingsfan626 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicast View Post
Will AT&T offer me a SERO plan? no? No, thanks
Sprint won't offer you a SERO plan now either.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison