PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Is the Touch a Better Phone even without a Sliding Keyboard and Wi-Fi?
Yes it has 128mb of ram, and it has a higher model number 6900 vs 6800 for the mogul 64 46.38%
Yes It does not have the "white spots" to drive me nuts 7 5.07%
No, it needs wifi, sliding keyboad 67 48.55%
whats a touch? is it dirty? 6 4.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Poll on Touch vs Mogul

I am getting my Touch this week and wanted to see what some people think about the Touch vs Mogul. I placed the same poll in the Titan area and wanted to see what each group thinks.... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29873

I think the Touch is better because it has more ram and is thinner then the mogul.

Last edited by dzuchowski; 06-22-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to ajones7279 Send a message via Yahoo to ajones7279
Re: Poll on Touch vs Mogul

This is ridiculous....I mean jeez...we only have what..234234 Mogul vs. Touch threads already....the answers aren't gonna change buddy.......and the section you put it in...is gonna be biased towards that phone.......
Old 06-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajones7279 View Post
This is ridiculous....I mean jeez...we only have what..234234 Mogul vs. Touch threads already....the answers aren't gonna change buddy.......and the section you put it in...is gonna be biased towards that phone.......
so what your saying in order to get an umbiased result i soulf place the poll in the Diamond/Touch Pro Forums?
Old 06-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

tantrum829 is keeping up the good worktantrum829 is keeping up the good work

Do a search. You will find comparisons. Not
just in this site but all over the web.

Google is your friend.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:48 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

But can I say my 2 cents? 1st of all, I want to congratulate mr. dzu for being smarter now and getting the Touch. U will not regret it. here's my take on the topic. Having a device without keyboard and wi-fi is not really a big deal for me and for many other owners simply because this capabilities can be done in a different method. Keyboard can be done on screen. U will not lose keyboard at all. 1 thing u will gain is U will become a faster glass thumbtyper. If U are already a fast hard keyboard typer, Well U got another skill coming up. Wi-Fi, It is nice to have one but since Touch have A custom rom that will enable rev a, It is not so much big advantage anymore. Most ppc plans have Unlimited data plans anyways so having connected with a free WiFI is not an advantage at all. I don't know any reason why are U gonna use ur Wi-Fi at home with ur mogul if U have access to ur laptop or desktop. Why surf with a small screen at home? How about when on the go? U can tether anyways using USB or BT if U want it wirelessly. But If U really really want to broadcast ur Wi-Fi for ur laptop on the go, U can get cradle point for ur touch or any other PPC that is not capable to broadcast their Internet. So U can still broadcast Wi-Fi with ur touch for just little over a hundred bucks. Now, About the ram, This is a big advantage for the Touch because there is no way U can add ram to the mogul. no reg hacks, No mod chips, No settings config to have atleast a virtual ram to add more ram to the mogul. Nothing,nada,zero kaput. In a fast phased technological advances, Every new apps that we put on our device demands more power and demands more ram and demands more battery life. So, I'll just go for the device than can handle it better. I guess 128mb can do twice 64mb if U do that math. Ultimately, any device is only as good as how the user utilize it's potential. U can have a huge ram but if U dont use it, It's pointless. I hope my 2 cents make sense to U. Thanks

Last edited by jethro_static; 06-22-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: verizon

will26 is a n00b

Jethro has some good points. Both of theses phones have there goods and bads (mongul being more good then bad) yes ram is important, but how much do you need? there is plenty of ram on the mongul to do what ever you want, and i bet there is not a person out there that has a touch that can say there phone can do more because they have more ram? So what is it that makes the mongul better? WI-FI! WI-FI is the way to go. Yes both phones are able to get internet connectoin from the cellular company, but what happens when your not getting that connection? and with all the wi-fi spots popping up, pretty soon i wont need to go threw the cellular company to even get a internet connection, Hell they are every where and most are free!! (why im i still paying for the internet service on my phone!!) even McD's has a wi fi spot. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE. so to finish up my point, you can either get a phone with a keyboard and wi-fi signal or you can get a phone with neither. THATS THE ONLY DIFFERENCE between the two.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by will26 View Post
Jethro has some good points. Both of theses phones have there goods and bads (mongul being more good then bad) yes ram is important, but how much do you need? there is plenty of ram on the mongul to do what ever you want, and i bet there is not a person out there that has a touch that can say there phone can do more because they have more ram? So what is it that makes the mongul better? WI-FI! WI-FI is the way to go. Yes both phones are able to get internet connectoin from the cellular company, but what happens when your not getting that connection? and with all the wi-fi spots popping up, pretty soon i wont need to go threw the cellular company to even get a internet connection, Hell they are every where and most are free!! (why im i still paying for the internet service on my phone!!) even McD's has a wi fi spot. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE. so to finish up my point, you can either get a phone with a keyboard and wi-fi signal or you can get a phone with neither. THATS THE ONLY DIFFERENCE between the two.
hate to break it to you but sprint will no longer activate a pda (windows Mobile, palm, black berry etc) with out a data plan on your phone.... also you say Mcdonalds has wi-fi which is true but it is not free. Star bucks is not free unless u have an att mobility account and an Iphone, but then you only get 2 hours of free wifi per day. I run alot of programs dashwire, divx, flash, htc home, windows live, yahoo go 3, adobe reader, jive im, camara assistent, audio manger, opera, ie, tele nav, ms voice command, streaming media, and i need more ram, you can never have enough, on my laptop i got 4gb and i want 1tb ....

Last edited by dzuchowski; 06-22-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by will26 View Post
Ram Is important, so your bet would be completely wrong. There are plenty of people including myself who have had crashes and software wont open because RAM is too low and moved to a Touch and had zero of those issues. Sure too much is a waste, but the Moguls is simply too low. also WIFI isnt everything nor makes a phone better.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
But can I say my 2 cents? 1st of all, I want to congratulate mr. dzu for being smarter now and getting the Touch. U will not regret it. here's my take on the topic. Having a device without keyboard and wi-fi is not really a big deal for me and for many other owners simply because this capabilities can be done in a different method. Keyboard can be done on screen. U will not lose keyboard at all. 1 thing u will gain is U will become a faster glass thumbtyper. If U are already a fast hard keyboard typer, Well U got another skill coming up. Wi-Fi, It is nice to have one but since Touch have A custom rom that will enable rev a, It is not so much big advantage anymore. Most ppc plans have Unlimited data plans anyways so having connected with a free WiFI is not an advantage at all. I don't know any reason why are U gonna use ur Wi-Fi at home with ur mogul if U have access to ur laptop or desktop. Why surf with a small screen at home? How about when on the go? U can tether anyways using USB or BT if U want it wirelessly. But If U really really want to broadcast ur Wi-Fi for ur laptop on the go, U can get cradle point for ur touch or any other PPC that is not capable to broadcast their Internet. So U can still broadcast Wi-Fi with ur touch for just little over a hundred bucks. Now, About the ram, This is a big advantage for the Touch because there is no way U can add ram to the mogul. no reg hacks, No mod chips, No settings config to have atleast a virtual ram to add more ram to the mogul. Nothing,nada,zero kaput. In a fast phased technological advances, Every new apps that we put on our device demands more power and demands more ram and demands more battery life. So, I'll just go for the device than can handle it better. I guess 128mb can do twice 64mb if U do that math. Ultimately, any device is only as good as how the user utilize it's potential. U can have a huge ram but if U dont use it, It's pointless. I hope my 2 cents make sense to U. Thanks
i dont ever use the wifi and only now and then use the keyboard. i usually use the screen as i dont have to wait for the screen to redraw when i use the keyboard.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: verizon

will26 is a n00b

I have all those programs and more, and have never ran into a problem with low memory, do you really need to run them all at the same time? and yes there are alot of places that do charge you for the wi-fi but many more that dont. I know that there is alot of cellular companies that want to say " hey if you get this phone you have to have a internet plan", but thats b.s. if you buy your phone at retail cost or get one off ebay you can have it activate without going onto one of those plans and most of the time you can do a service agreement and still not have to stay with the internet plan. so yes agian WI-FI IS IMPORTANT, maybe not as much at this time, but in time it will be.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison