Banned User
Threadstarter

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Poll on Touch vs Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
But can I say my 2 cents? 1st of all, I want to congratulate mr. dzu for being smarter now and getting the Touch. U will not regret it. here's my take on the topic. Having a device without keyboard and wi-fi is not really a big deal for me and for many other owners simply because this capabilities can be done in a different method. Keyboard can be done on screen. U will not lose keyboard at all. 1 thing u will gain is U will become a faster glass thumbtyper. If U are already a fast hard keyboard typer, Well U got another skill coming up. Wi-Fi, It is nice to have one but since Touch have A custom rom that will enable rev a, It is not so much big advantage anymore. Most ppc plans have Unlimited data plans anyways so having connected with a free WiFI is not an advantage at all. I don't know any reason why are U gonna use ur Wi-Fi at home with ur mogul if U have access to ur laptop or desktop. Why surf with a small screen at home? How about when on the go? U can tether anyways using USB or BT if U want it wirelessly. But If U really really want to broadcast ur Wi-Fi for ur laptop on the go, U can get cradle point for ur touch or any other PPC that is not capable to broadcast their Internet. So U can still broadcast Wi-Fi with ur touch for just little over a hundred bucks. Now, About the ram, This is a big advantage for the Touch because there is no way U can add ram to the mogul. no reg hacks, No mod chips, No settings config to have atleast a virtual ram to add more ram to the mogul. Nothing,nada,zero kaput. In a fast phased technological advances, Every new apps that we put on our device demands more power and demands more ram and demands more battery life. So, I'll just go for the device than can handle it better. I guess 128mb can do twice 64mb if U do that math. Ultimately, any device is only as good as how the user utilize it's potential. U can have a huge ram but if U dont use it, It's pointless. I hope my 2 cents make sense to U. Thanks
i dont ever use the wifi and only now and then use the keyboard. i usually use the screen as i dont have to wait for the screen to redraw when i use the keyboard.