PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Is the Touch a Better Phone even without a Sliding Keyboard and Wi-Fi?
Yes it has 128mb of ram, and it has a higher model number 6900 vs 6800 for the mogul 64 46.38%
Yes It does not have the "white spots" to drive me nuts 7 5.07%
No, it needs wifi, sliding keyboad 67 48.55%
whats a touch? is it dirty? 6 4.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Poll on Touch vs Mogul

has nothing to do with the same time. when ram leaks away try running igo gps (which i use) it needs 12mb free and errored out quite a few times to reset the device. Same with opera 9.5, plenty of mogul users have had problems with running it and lockups/crashes
Old 06-22-2008, 08:40 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by will26 View Post
I have all those programs and more, and have never ran into a problem with low memory, do you really need to run them all at the same time? and yes there are alot of places that do charge you for the wi-fi but many more that dont. I know that there is alot of cellular companies that want to say " hey if you get this phone you have to have a internet plan", but thats b.s. if you buy your phone at retail cost or get one off ebay you can have it activate without going onto one of those plans and most of the time you can do a service agreement and still not have to stay with the internet plan. so yes agian WI-FI IS IMPORTANT, maybe not as much at this time, but in time it will be.
Do U run around all over the place to look for free wifi just to use ur mogul to surf the internet? I guess I'll be sitting on a bench surfing the internet watching u go around in circles. LOL
Old 06-22-2008, 08:44 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzuchowski View Post
hate to break it to you but sprint will no longer activate a pda (windows Mobile, palm, black berry etc) with out a data plan on your phone.... also you say Mcdonalds has wi-fi which is true but it is not free. Star bucks is not free unless u have an att mobility account and an Iphone, but then you only get 2 hours of free wifi per day. I run alot of programs dashwire, divx, flash, htc home, windows live, yahoo go 3, adobe reader, jive im, camara assistent, audio manger, opera, ie, tele nav, ms voice command, streaming media, and i need more ram, you can never have enough, on my laptop i got 4gb and i want 1tb ....
Daym! U mentioned all the apps. there's nothing left for me to say. LOL
Old 06-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
Daym! U mentioned all the apps. there's nothing left for me to say. LOL
and i want them all opened at the same time while streaming sprint tv. I really would love to turn my 17" gateway fx into a cellphone. It has 4gb ram and i have used yahoo im to make voice calls. But it weights about 11 pounds with 2 hard drives and all the adult movies on them......
Old 06-23-2008, 01:31 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moving yet another thread to the basement.....

late,
Coz
Old 06-23-2008, 02:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sigh, not another Touch Mogul thread.. Can't people just read the old threads?

I think dzuchowski is trying to set the record for number of "polls/treads" started...
Old 06-23-2008, 08:27 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
Talking Re: Poll on Touch vs Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Sigh, not another Touch Mogul thread.. Can't people just read the old threads? Those threads are too too too long to read thru so whyt not just start over, like who would read a thread if it has 100 pages....

I think dzuchowski is trying to set the record for number of "polls/treads" started...

I love polls, i really love the offbeat polls like.....

if gas prices were $15 per gallon would you ride a horse to work?

if your spouse was a pc what pc would they be?

how much ram is enough? Is their even such a thing?

would you name you kid after your phone? This is my oldest sone Razr, my daughter iphone, and my youngest Tilt and the one on the way is gonna be I-Phone3G

Last edited by dzuchowski; 06-23-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:

if gas prices were $15 per gallon would you ride a horse to work?

if your spouse was a pc what pc would they be?

how much ram is enough? Is their even such a thing?

would you name you kid after your phone? This is my oldest sone Razr, my daughter iphone, and my youngest Tilt and the one on the way is gonna be I-Phone3G

<blinks>
Old 06-23-2008, 03:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Whatever makes you happy....

But as a PPCGeeks "Senior Member" you should know better to start another Touch vs. Mogul thread.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Since there are already a few threads discussing this, I'm gonna close this one down.

late,
Coz
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison