PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 07:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

onthehunt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Might Switch to Samsung Instinct

I've had my Mogul for 10 months now and an ready to switch to a more user friendly phone. There are several things I no longer like about the Mogul but love the touch screen. Been reading a lot about the Samsung Instinct which sounds like a great phone. Anyone have feedback about the Instinct? Thanks.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling
Re: Might Switch to Samsung Instinct

My feedback is it's a downgrade. But should be easy to use. Your level of geekiness plays a part too though.

Moderate geek = Instinct, Palm, Iphone
Supreme geek = Windows Mobile

Windows phones can do more, but if u aren't using the extra features, then of course u don't need them. with that being the case any pda would be a good pick. Go with whichever you thinks the cutest, and i must add, the instinct is a highly attractive phone.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Hoof is becoming a great contributor

I agree with stifilling Windows is as good as it gets when it comes to customization and things you can do with your phone. If it was windows mobile based I would highly consider the instinct.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

all imma say is that the instinct is a major downgrade, you wont be able to customize the phone at all, once you get it, thats it.. with the mogul, you could customize the thing as much as you want, if you dont like somethin about the instinct, guess what, you are stuck, if you dont like something about win mobile, you can change it to your liking, as well as add programs that arent available with stock roms

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 05-18-2008, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ruben86 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to ruben86

The Instinct is NOT a smartphone. It's similar to the Voyager (without the keyboard). You can't sync with outlook, can't change the browser, contacts program, look and feel of the user interface, no slingbox, today plug-ins, ect. It's a phone with a browser and Sprint TV.... NOT a pocket PC.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:17 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
all imma say is that the instinct is a major downgrade, you wont be able to customize the phone at all, once you get it, thats it.. with the mogul, you could customize the thing as much as you want, if you dont like somethin about the instinct, guess what, you are stuck, if you dont like something about win mobile, you can change it to your liking, as well as add programs that arent available with stock roms
well said, my thinking exactly.

dwizzy130

Old 05-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Intrepid

Perry Gonzalez is a n00b

There will obviously be a market for the instinct, but as was previously brought out it's not a PDA and not customizable. But what it WILL do, it most likely will do well.
I personally love tweaking and customizing my phone, so the Instinct would bore me. But for many it'll be just the thing. Keep in mind you'll have to have the Simply Everything plan when you get it.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling

i do believe the instinct is classified as a pda. The iphone is, and the website is illustrating how the instinct beats the iphone. I don't think a non-pda phone is gonna be beating a pda phone at anything anytime soon.

If it's not a pda what do we call it? i see ruben there gave it the name (similar to the voyager.) Not too sure that's the column it's under lol. so what category do we put it in??
Old 05-19-2008, 10:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If it does email/contacts/calendar/tasks I'd call it a Personal Digital Assistant.

I still don't want one though
Old 05-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stifiling View Post
i do believe the instinct is classified as a pda. The iphone is, and the website is illustrating how the instinct beats the iphone. I don't think a non-pda phone is gonna be beating a pda phone at anything anytime soon.

If it's not a pda what do we call it? i see ruben there gave it the name (similar to the voyager.) Not too sure that's the column it's under lol. so what category do we put it in??
face it, its not a pda... not even close, it doesnt come with apps to keep ones life organized, and im sorry but an iphone isnt really a pda (sorry to burst your bubble) i dont care what a "website" says, the iphone is a MEDIA phone, its basically an ipod that can make calls and thats really it. you cant truely use an iphone for work like you could with all the win mobile devices out. the instinct is simply another media phone, the only thing about the phone that is really appealing to a customer is the fact that its a full touch screen device similiar to the iphone, but NOT a pda. by the way, i doubt that the phone is going to be better than the iphone as well.. ive seen it in action- nothing special. if you want a category to put the phone in, id say drop it in the 'only amatures call this a pda" category lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison