PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2008, 10:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Might Switch to Samsung Instinct

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
and im sorry but an iphone isnt really a pda (sorry to burst your bubble)
It might not do everything you can currently do with WM, but I'd still call it a PDA.

Email/Contacts/Calendar are the essential PDA functions. Other features are really just extras. And the iPhone does have other features. With its second round of firmware, it will even sync with Exchange servers, so I don't see how it's not a PDA.

That said, I agree that they are weaker devices. But they do have their strengths, and I'd certainly call them a PDA.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2, Touch Pro (upgraded) vogue (upgraded)

maggyban is just getting started

Interesting stuff. All I know I love my Touch and will not trade to the instinct. Cool phone though.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
It might not do everything you can currently do with WM, but I'd still call it a PDA.

Email/Contacts/Calendar are the essential PDA functions. Other features are really just extras. And the iPhone does have other features. With its second round of firmware, it will even sync with Exchange servers, so I don't see how it's not a PDA.

That said, I agree that they are weaker devices. But they do have their strengths, and I'd certainly call them a PDA.
well im pretty sure EVERY phone has contacts bedoig... and most have a calendar of some sort. but i do agree that the iphone is somewhat of a pda- to an extent; but my point is, when one thinks of an iphone, they only want it for the media features.. look at the commercials. facebook, youtube, mp3, camera, safari browser... if someone was in the market looking for a true pda, they wouldnt seriously consider an iphone because thats not what it's main purpose was intended for it to do, its like comparing a mac to a pc.. mac is all flashy and easy for customers to use (some say), while you actually can do real work with a pc. case in point: the MAIN purpose of a pda is to actually assist in organizing ones personal and work life, and THAT is how i qualify what a pda is. An iphone definately doesnt fit that description when it comes for a main purpose, even though it can... to an extent

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 05-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktwvu View Post
Hope you aren't a heavy web-browsing user...

I would hate to go to some ****ty browser from Samsung from Opera Mini/Mobile.

The instinct is a java base phone, opera mini will run just fine on it!

And my Touch makes me feel like I am on a diet.

SKINS, WALLPAPERS, LINKS
http://mobile.meangmedia.com
Old 05-19-2008, 05:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 3
Threadstarter

onthehunt is a n00b

If I'm not mistaken, the Instinct's web browser is supposed to support full HTML. My limited understanding is the browser will support video like YouTube, etc. Does anyone have any different info. about the browser?
Old 05-23-2008, 11:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 3
Threadstarter

onthehunt is a n00b

This was posted on Sprint site today:

http://a124.g.akamai.net/7/124/51009...tincHD_720.mov
Old 06-11-2008, 05:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling

that instinct is really looking like a wanna be iphone. It's a nice solid phone but at the same time it kinda makes u look wack. although people may not say it in they mind they go, "look at this cat, wit his fake *** Iphone."

Like "what are those Nike's?"....."noll, Sykes"

Like "ey man did you know yo Adidas got 4 stripes?"

Last edited by stifiling; 06-11-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
face it, its not a pda... not even close, it doesnt come with apps to keep ones life organized, and im sorry but an iphone isnt really a pda (sorry to burst your bubble) i dont care what a "website" says, the iphone is a MEDIA phone, its basically an ipod that can make calls and thats really it. you cant truely use an iphone for work like you could with all the win mobile devices out. the instinct is simply another media phone, the only thing about the phone that is really appealing to a customer is the fact that its a full touch screen device similiar to the iphone, but NOT a pda. by the way, i doubt that the phone is going to be better than the iphone as well.. ive seen it in action- nothing special. if you want a category to put the phone in, id say drop it in the 'only amatures call this a pda" category lol

Mus agree, i don't view them as pda's either. but fact still remains...that's what they're classified as.

and check the list again. i don't think the 'only amatures call this a pda" category is there.

keepin it all real yo opinion really aint even mattering. peepin how u spelled amatuer wrong. u aint no geek homeboy stick to snatching purses.

Last edited by stifiling; 06-12-2008 at 03:01 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

dslmel is just getting started

Apple doesn't call their Iphone a PDA, it got classified as that out of the blue... The Instinct *IS* a pda, whether you want to see it that way or not. Blackberrys are pda's, and can't do what windows based devices can do.

The *MAIN* point that should be addressed and that of which everyone is overlooking.. is it's NOT WINDOWS based, and therefore the instinct, iphone, or whatever is not as customizable as to a Touch/Mogul that runs windows..

You want simple phone that does the basics, instinct is ok, but then so is the rest of them.

*Cost* could also be a factor... who knows... don't mind any negative feedback, just get what *you* want.. not what *we* think you want.

Old post, but applies to anyone interested ...
Radio Version: 1.11.00F

Thanks to all on this site! Awesome Group of People!!!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison