PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND (cdma)
Carrier: Telus Canada

coolcmar is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to coolcmar
Exclamation What is actually better than HTC Mogul

I 'm sur that i'm not the only one thinking like that but our Mogul is getting slower and slower ... My Titan boots up with arround 22mb thats good ... but even the 6700 does better than that. I find that the real difference between my mogul and the 6700 is aGPS and the horible anthena.

I'm thinking about selling my titan and getting a HTC Touch
-Now here's the thing : i'm sure i can live without wi-fi cuz it has bluethoot
-aGPS and REVa : i'm sure i could live without it a while ... untill touch gets it.
-BUT : can i live without a real keyboard ?

I would like to know from those that have a Mogul and the Touch
DO YOU REALLY MISS THE KEYBOARD or the on screen keyobard oki ?

IF SOMEONE KNOWS A BETTER CDMA PPC, PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Thanks
Old 03-20-2008, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: Sprint

warlock is a n00b
Re: What is actually better than HTC Mogul

While I love my mogul, I am getting rather pissy about the lack of Ram and video drivers. I'm being turned off of HTC quite a bit. However, I can't live without the hardware keyboard, I use it way too much (half the reason why i got this phone). I won't even get into how angry i am about lack of linux for this phone, but i can't complain too much because as I've worked on it, I can't quite get it to work, so i could work harder on that anyway.

But seriously, the RAM freaking blows on this phone. You'd think it'd be at least up to par with some of the other phones, but they really messed up here.

If it weren't for EVDO i'd probably throw my phone through sprint's window(though it isn't their fault) and get a tilt (they have more RAM, i believe).

Anyway, as for CDMA, the touch is superior as far as performance (from what I understand), but lacks the keyboard. If you get a stowaway keyboard and don't mind doing it that way, i guess there isn't much to lose. (i've contemplated this many times, but if i'm going to carry a keyboard around i might as well just carry around my handheld pc). Do they make a BT folding keyboard like the palm ones? that might be a good way to go.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:38 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcmar View Post
I'm thinking about selling my titan and getting a HTC Touch
-Now here's the thing : i'm sure i can live without wi-fi cuz it has bluethoot
-aGPS and REVa : i'm sure i could live without it a while ... untill touch gets it.
-BUT : can i live without a real keyboard ?

I would like to know from those that have a Mogul and the Touch
DO YOU REALLY MISS THE KEYBOARD or the on screen keyobard oki ?

IF SOMEONE KNOWS A BETTER CDMA PPC, PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Thanks
The Keyboard is where the Mogul shines, I have a replacement Touch
for now & I can say I love it but I don't like it more than my Mogul. I miss my buttons, bad. Feels like I left out of the house without my pants, on a snowy day "bad".

If the touch had more buttons to touch, I wouldn't miss the Mogul but geez, now I must actually, look for everything before launching it.
The stock digital keyboard is meh, Resco's Keyboard Pro 5 saved me from a great horror of the " duo keys".

Long story short, the Mogul is the best of the CDMA. You want better, turn to GSM & pickup a ETEN Glofiish X800 or the QWERTY packing M800.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:42 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

CDMA the only phone that could compare is on Verizon, the i760. It's CDMA, but not Sprint.

Sprint really doesn't have anything else. The Q and ACE if you want to try smartphones (they're not bad, but not for everyone) and the wx & Touch for touchscreen. That's it right now, and no one knows what's coming next. Except maybe the new Treo, but who knows when that's coming out
Old 03-20-2008, 12:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro

lilgrass71 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
The Keyboard is where the Mogul shines, I have a replacement Touch
for now & I can say I love it but I don't like it more than my Mogul. I miss my buttons, bad. Feels like I left out of the house without my pants, on a snowy day "bad".
im in the same boat and I FEEL YOUR PAIN!
Old 03-20-2008, 09:01 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

My Regional Sales Manager for Sprint said something about the new Treo (850) being released in early June when I spoke with him yesterday. I had a Treo 700wx and liked it but the lack of wireless, GPS, and Rev A would never make me go back. I ahve had the Touch and while it is cool, the coolness factor wears off pretty quick if you do a lot of texting or emails.

So, while I agree that I wish the Mogul had more memory in it, I will live with what it has until HTC has a truly comprable phone come out.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i760 broken by 6.1
Carrier: VZW

rduckwor1 is a n00b

I asked our corp IT telecom guys about the release of the Treo 800 on VZW yesterday and he told me "Never". He's under NDA and wouldn't talk much, but he said "serious performance issues". Now he's big into crackberry as are all corp IT people, but I can't do that; too confining.

I'm seriously looking at a GSM Tilt just for the RAM load out on it, 128MB, which is what the Mogul/Titan should have had in the beginning.

RMD
Old 03-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlock View Post
While I love my mogul, I am getting rather pissy about the lack of Ram and video drivers. I'm being turned off of HTC quite a bit. However, I can't live without the hardware keyboard, I use it way too much (half the reason why i got this phone). I won't even get into how angry i am about lack of linux for this phone, but i can't complain too much because as I've worked on it, I can't quite get it to work, so i could work harder on that anyway.

But seriously, the RAM freaking blows on this phone. You'd think it'd be at least up to par with some of the other phones, but they really messed up here.

If it weren't for EVDO i'd probably throw my phone through sprint's window(though it isn't their fault) and get a tilt (they have more RAM, i believe).

Anyway, as for CDMA, the touch is superior as far as performance (from what I understand), but lacks the keyboard. If you get a stowaway keyboard and don't mind doing it that way, i guess there isn't much to lose. (i've contemplated this many times, but if i'm going to carry a keyboard around i might as well just carry around my handheld pc). Do they make a BT folding keyboard like the palm ones? that might be a good way to go.
if you can wait and have the scratch, theres always the shift:
http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=953
Old 03-20-2008, 09:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pre

JBaker is a n00b

To be honest im on the fence about keeping my loaner phone or going back to my mogul, i miss the keyboard, but i dont see the onscreen keyboard to be all that bad, im sure tomorrow ill be recievign both a new touch (the ESN is apparently in use with the one i have) and a mogul since ive been reading they are back in stock.... ill ahve to decide which to switch to.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

crimekilla is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by delawaresace View Post
if you can wait and have the scratch, theres always the shift:
http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=953