PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tmobile mda

nordy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Guy Here Mogul vs. Touch

From what I have read both of these seem to be sweet phones. I am currently w/ T-mobile, I am considering switching to sprint to get one of these. I am not sure which one to get. When I compared them on sprint's site it said that the mogul does not have a memory card slot! If that's true then how would I ever expand memory and storage?

Thanks guys
Old 02-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore
Re: New Guy Here Mogul vs. Touch

get the touch its very easy to type on I thought I needed the keyboard but I don't. The touch has plenty of built in storage and memory and overall is a much more enjoyable to have...alot less memory management. Overall the touch is the way to go you wont regret it
Old 02-24-2008, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The Mogul does have a Memory card slot... It takes MicroSD.

Between both the touch which I have and the Mogul I personally like the Mogul because of the Keyboard... I could not get used to typing with the OnScreen keyboard so I gave the touch to my wife..

James
Old 02-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul htc

Betis21 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy View Post
From what I have read both of these seem to be sweet phones. I am currently w/ T-mobile, I am considering switching to sprint to get one of these. I am not sure which one to get. When I compared them on sprint's site it said that the mogul does not have a memory card slot! If that's true then how would I ever expand memory and storage?

Thanks guys
The Mogul by HTC does come with a 512mb MicroSD card!!! Just a thought, also I love the phone is the best one so far.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

i think you should go with the touch as well, and i've worked with each phone and to answer that keyboard question, its not that big a deal, and you will easily find that with the touch you can text 3 times as fast as you could with the mogul.. the only advantage i see for the mogul is wifi, other than that the touch kills it, speed, memory, twice as slim, more stylish, i think if you get your hands on both devices you will see what i'm talking about.. the touch is a all around great phone

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 02-24-2008, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

lifeisfun is a n00b

I wouldn't buy phone without WIFI.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle
Wink Re: New Guy Here Mogul vs. Touch

dont get me wrong... wifi is nice.. well extremely nice haha, but when you factor in some of the buggy issues with the mogul and the often freeze ups which require a soft reset, in which the touch doesnt have.. plus it flies.. id say if you live in an area that has evdo active... then you wont really need wifi because the evdo speeds will satisfy you enough to where you could care less about wifi.. not to mention rev A is right around the corner
Old 02-24-2008, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

lifeisfun is a n00b

EVDO will be usless if you travel to Europe
and expensive if you goto Mexico
Old 02-24-2008, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tour

nebula is keeping up the good worknebula is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to nebula Send a message via MSN to nebula Send a message via Yahoo to nebula

I have them both..

Personally Mogul is a winner for me.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Its about the form factor, I had to go with the mogul and quite frankly I love it very much. I email and text quite often and I just don't see how the touch would provide any advantage without the keyboard. Wifi is another thing that I think is pretty good to have just in case. A few years ago I was on the island of St. Croix where I stayed at a hotel on a remote part of the island with no service, but the entire hotel had wifi all around so my 6700 still came through for me. So when I upgraded wifi and keyboard was must. Just go to a sprint store and spend some time with both phones to see which one will be better for your needs.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison