PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Logs is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Guy Here Mogul vs. Touch

Spent a week with the touch and it was hell. Most unreliable, unstable phone I have ever used. From not getting calls, to freezing, to not waking up from sleep, I was soft resetting that baby atleast 5 times a day. I am now with the mogul and life is great. It always runs smooth and is quick to respond.

Another poster said you can type 3 times as fast with the touch; not sure what they are smoking. Mogul has all the same onscreen keyboards the touch has, plus the full qwerty which simply cannot be beat on speed.

Only advantages to the Touch are the form factor (yes, its sexy), and the RAM. Personally I have yet to encounter memory issues on the mogul, and I swear the thing is twice as fast as the Touch.

If you are all about looks, get the touch. If you are serious about your phone, Mogul is the only way to go.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Mogul

Logs is just getting started

Hasnt crashed yet

Its possible I just had a defective Touch, but my experience with it was horrible.

There are two ways to compare. You can look at specs and assume that the touch must be better, or you can try it out for yourself. Like I said, maybe I just got a bad touch, but I simple could not put up with the freezing anymore. Even when it wasnt frozen and working smoothly, everything responded slower than my mogul.

Touch froze or failed to wake up from sleep atleast 4 times a day. Mogul has not frozen yet. That is my experience, and maybe others will have a better experience. I would sure hope so for the price of that thing.

I do love my mogul though. Its fat and ugly, but soooo nice. And hey, can you turn your touch into a wifi hotspot? ya i didn't think so.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logs View Post
Spent a week with the touch and it was hell. Most unreliable, unstable phone I have ever used. From not getting calls, to freezing, to not waking up from sleep, I was soft resetting that baby atleast 5 times a day. I am now with the mogul and life is great. It always runs smooth and is quick to respond.

Another poster said you can type 3 times as fast with the touch; not sure what they are smoking. Mogul has all the same onscreen keyboards the touch has, plus the full qwerty which simply cannot be beat on speed.

Only advantages to the Touch are the form factor (yes, its sexy), and the RAM. Personally I have yet to encounter memory issues on the mogul, and I swear the thing is twice as fast as the Touch.

If you are all about looks, get the touch. If you are serious about your phone, Mogul is the only way to go.
ok, so since you want to take it there then lets take it there.. now when i said you can text 3 times as fast with the touch i was comparing it to the HARDWARE KEYBOARD on the mogul, in which is why people stray away from the touch.. because they think the fact that there isnt one present is a down fall.. but the truth of the matter is.. you can type way faster with the onscreen keyboard than you can with ANY hardware keyboard on a phone.. so your statement was pointless.. why get a mogul if you was just going to download the onscreen keyboard anyway?? and the day you beat any touch user with that hardware keyboard is the day you are competing against a giraffe

you may have yet to have memory problems with your mogul but what does that tell you about the touch.. considering it has more ram to work with.. plus a faster mhr being 400.. yeah thats right, the touch flies.. and you sound even less intelligent making a coment like:

"If you are all about looks, get the touch. If you are serious about your phone, Mogul is the only way to go."

because i know for a fact i done read plenty of bug/bluetooth/sprint tv issues with the mogul, not to mention how i constantly delt with customers needing tech support and having to do advance exchanges for other moguls

your whole post was extremely biased and as a rep who delt with both phones for weeks the touch really did surpass the mogul.. you may be in love with your mogul but dont try to make it out to be something that its not.. its a great phone, but it definately doesnt make the touch seem any less serious of a phone

like i said before. the ONLY advantage a mogul will have is wifi.. PERIOD; some things you just cant argue.. my signature says it all

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol

Last edited by blue4shizzle; 02-24-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4PwSC8rlvEo

show me a hardware keyboard that can beat that.. 300 characters a minute
Old 02-24-2008, 08:05 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post

like i said before. the ONLY advantage a mogul will have is wifi.. PERIOD; some things you just cant argue.. my signature says it all
Actually at this point, it is wifi, GPS and Rev. A.

Hurry up dammit Sprint!!!
Old 02-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW View Post
Actually at this point, it is wifi, GPS and Rev. A.

Hurry up dammit Sprint!!!

lol true.. but we'll get it soon, hopefully.. :-/
Old 02-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

I personally would buy the mogul. i love my mogul because of the support we have for it thanx to everyone that has ceated all the custom roms and the kicthens that are out are easy to use.plus the speed of the internet and the coolness of the gps jus adds to it all. but thts just my opinion. they are both good phones so whichever you decide upon will be a good choice.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 02-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul

endlessluv511 is a n00b

Hey, the mogul does have a memory card slot.. it comes with 512 mb card
Old 02-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul

endlessluv511 is a n00b

I agree with cj due to the fact that I had the touch for a day and maybe I didnt give myself enough time to get used to it, but the onscreen keyboard was a pain to me.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Mogul for me. Couldn't live without the keyboard and especially the WiFi. WMWifiRouter for the laptop while on the road is awesome!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison