PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 08:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Logs is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Guy Here Mogul vs. Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
i know for a fact i done read plenty of bug/bluetooth/sprint tv issues with the mogul
Well I "done" used both phones for a week now, and from my personal experience, Mogul wipes the floor the touch.

Instead of regurgitating other peoples opinions of phones, you should formulate some of your own by actually using them.

A fanboy I am not, just sharing my experience. I have no need to lie, im just saying the touch was extremely unreliable and unstable during the 1 week period that I used it. Thats not to say its a bad piece of hardware, probably just needs an update.

Some people are good at using on screen keyboards. I myself am not. And no, I am not a giraffe.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:35 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have one of each. I use the Touch and my Mogul is sitting on a shelf waiting for a trade-in for a Treo 800w.

The Mogul has 2 key advantages: hard keyboard & WiFi. Big disadvantages - mediocre BT and frequent freezes when going in/out of roaming. Very unstable.

Touch has great BT, lots of memory, smaller and lighter. No freezes, very stable. Downside - no keyboard, or WiFi.

The Mogul is essentially (or soon to be) obsolete due to low memory. I couldn't recommend anyone buy a Mogul today because of that. If you need keyboard, then I'd wait or go with another carrier.

Last edited by willysp; 02-24-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

ah, you caught my grammatical error.. nice.. i hope you feel better now.. idk what else to say.. if you lay the phone right next to each other and compare them like i have.. it was pretty easy for me to distinguish which had more benefit.. but then again.. it really jus boils down to your preference..

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 02-24-2008, 08:44 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW View Post
Actually at this point, it is wifi, GPS and Rev. A.

Hurry up dammit Sprint!!!
Huh - I missed the Sprint release of GPS and Rev!!! Care to post a link?

To the OP, Mogul will have GPS and RevA first, then Touch a few months afterwards. (Though if they couldn't get BT to work on the Mogul, I've said before I suspect a HW problem, and therefore won't assume that they can get GPS and RevA working any better)
Old 02-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff

he was referring to the linked rom.. and i coulda sworn sprint said the touch would get the update the same time the mogul got theirs unless they changed that

by the way.. i have like 30 aps installed on my touch an i still have 65 to 70 mb of memory to play with (memory card).. how about you mogul users

Last edited by blue4shizzle; 02-24-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Lurker

nytoy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
I have one of each. I use the Touch and my Mogul is sitting on a shelf waiting for a trade-in for a Treo 800w.

The Mogul has 2 key advantages: hard keyboard & WiFi. Big disadvantages - mediocre BT and frequent freezes when going in/out of roaming. Very unstable.

Touch has great BT, lots of memory, smaller and lighter. No freezes, very stable. Downside - no keyboard, or WiFi.

The Mogul is essentially (or soon to be) obsolete due to low memory. I couldn't recommend anyone buy a Mogul today because of that. If you need keyboard, then I'd wait or go with another carrier.
This is exactly my experience with the xv6800(Mogul), horrible BT, and bad coverage(no reception where my other phone did), locking up, it works horrible as a phone, great as a email/txt/surf the net device. I need something that does both and don't care about the keyboard or wifi, so it sounds like I will be getting a Touch when it finally comes to Verizon as the XV6900
Old 02-25-2008, 01:10 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4PwSC8rlvEo

show me a hardware keyboard that can beat that.. 300 characters a minute
Girl won 25,000 in a text contest. What was she using you ask??? a hardware keyboard. its not hardware vs touchscreen. Ive used the 20 key on a BB7100 and a hardware board on moguls and it is just what you get used to. You are still going to type the same speed no matter what you are using you just have to get used to it. So stop trying to push a certain phone because you prefer/own it over another one. Everybody needs a different phone based on what they want.

And i have a 4gb memory card i dont need that much internal mem space ive got alot of applications and i only run minimal on the internal memory
Old 02-25-2008, 10:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

jharp146 is just getting started

Just curious, how is the Touch faster than the Mogul when it has half the processor?
Old 02-26-2008, 04:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

Jmr2master is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Jmr2master

They say that because it has more ram. Mogul has 47 mb of ram, touch has 110.Its like this, if you have a core duo with 512 vs a 1.5ghz processor with 2gigs of ram. Because there is more random access memory in the 1.5ghz you can run 'MORE" programs at a time. But since the processor is faster on the Mogul it handles processes faster and uses less ram, but that ends since the mogul doesn't close programs when you hit X.
The hardware problem I had was probably from dropping my phone so much and I just went to sprint and they couldn't fix it so I was able to exchange the phone( got to get insurance on it now). Blue-tooth worked great on mine(even paired it with a PS3). But then again only people who have had hardware problems post on forums, so you cannot say every single person or even the majority of people who have owned a Moguls has had all these problems. I am the only one I know who owns a mogul and has had any problems, and all of the mogul owners know have ten times more programs then me on there PPCs.

Last edited by Jmr2master; 02-26-2008 at 04:12 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
Girl won 25,000 in a text contest. What was she using you ask??? a hardware keyboard. its not hardware vs touchscreen. Ive used the 20 key on a BB7100 and a hardware board on moguls and it is just what you get used to. You are still going to type the same speed no matter what you are using you just have to get used to it. So stop trying to push a certain phone because you prefer/own it over another one. Everybody needs a different phone based on what they want.

And i have a 4gb memory card i dont need that much internal mem space ive got alot of applications and i only run minimal on the internal memory
ok buddy, you brought up a winner of a text contest which was most likely before the touch was even out, let along using touchpal.. plus who cares about a contest winner, no one sits down an practices with their keyboard everyday like the winner obviously did. some things people bring up to oppose others are stupid, and i'm sorry but that point was useless and i'm surprised you even chose to bring that up. not to mention you will NEVER text with as much ease or speed than a touch owner face it don't try and sugar coat it, everyone knows this

ALSO if your nonreading self would have noticed, i said that it all depends on the PREFERENCE OF THE BUYER, and i did nothing but put in MY opinion. your whole post was pointless an you should refrain from saying anything else unless you take a seat and think about what you are about to say first; and you got the nerve to say something about me pushing the touch because i prefer it... THAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD, to give him OUR opinions

i'm just going to point at my signature, it speaks for itself

Last edited by blue4shizzle; 02-26-2008 at 04:48 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison