PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question LTE vs S3: S3 wins in every category

Oh man.

I cant believe S3 wins in every category!

Samsung Galaxy S3 vs. HTC One X (EVO 4G LTE): In-depth comparison | Digital Trends

I only like LTE for the kickstand and I cant live without it.

I dont know what to do.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Re: LTE vs S3: S3 wins in every category

They do make case with kickstand. But it add some thickness to it.

Hmmmm .. debating
Old 06-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe
First, it didn't win every category. Second, so what if one website that I've never been to before says they like one over the other. It's really up to you what you like, not everyone is going to like the same phone.

Sent from my Bananalicious Evo 3D
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:28 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

i heard the opposite considering the LTE can support more bandwidths of 4G than the S3 and in other respects is almost identical. I think it's a matter of preference in some respects.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I dont like the button that is at the bottom of the S3. 4G LTE does not have this and I like it better.

S3 back is all shiny and slippery.

S3 screen is far superior to the LTE.

S3 battery you can take out.

I am still debating.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
I dont like the button that is at the bottom of the S3. 4G LTE does not have this and I like it better.

S3 back is all shiny and slippery.

S3 screen is far superior to the LTE.

S3 battery you can take out.

I am still debating.
Say what? The screen on the s3 is far superior? It may 1/10th of an inch larger but definitely not superior. If the s3 had the super amoled hd+ screen then maybe but being that it still has the same pentile layout as galaxy nexus then no the screen is not better.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Wait a minute, did they compare the INTERNATIONAL SGS3 against the Sprint HOX variant? You know what SoC the Sprint S3 has? The exact same one as the Evo LTE. If they compare a quad core exynos against a snapdragon S4 krait, guess what, we already knew the exynos was way better. Who cares? None of the US SGS3 are getting Exynos. It's all Snapdragon S4. The HOX and SGS3 USA variants are basically identical other than removable battery and removable storage, and the SGS3 is getting 2GB RAM (a gimmick to make up for downgrading the processor if you ask me). I actually like SLCD2 over SAMOLED HD.

I'm going international SGS3 all the way. That and the Meizu MX (quad core) both have that awesome exynos processor that flies like a boss.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Say what? The screen on the s3 is far superior? It may 1/10th of an inch larger but definitely not superior. If the s3 had the super amoled hd+ screen then maybe but being that it still has the same pentile layout as galaxy nexus then no the screen is not better.
+1, my Rezound has a better screen the the Galaxy nexus or the upcoming SG3. lol.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
+1, my Rezound has a better screen the the Galaxy nexus or the upcoming SG3. lol.
Are you serious?

The S3 samoled HD kills the rezound screen.

And the rezound software is so abysmal does it really matter how the screen is?
Old 06-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Are you serious?

The S3 samoled HD kills the rezound screen.

And the rezound software is so abysmal does it really matter how the screen is?
one word, Pentile. lol. Also not to get off topic but what are you talking about regarding the rezound software? Sense?

Last edited by Riley; 06-06-2012 at 04:01 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison