PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: which device?
Moto Droid X2 1 16.67%
HTC Thunderbolt 0 0%
wait for Bionic/replacement 1 16.67%
something else, explain below 4 66.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 06:57 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: time for something new

Quote:
Originally Posted by three west View Post
and now it looks like it would be in my best interest to pick up a new phone before July 7.

still curious about this part though, I've searched a fair amount and can't find any mention of it.
You can toggle what you want to sync under settings->accounts and sync

If you need it easier then that I am sure there are widgets for it..

Also..for the july 7th thing..dont you already have a line? so even if you get a new phone you should be grandfathered in unless you need a plan change or a new line..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-23-2011, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DX2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

three west is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to three west

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Also..for the july 7th thing..dont you already have a line? so even if you get a new phone you should be grandfathered in unless you need a plan change or a new line..
hmm, good point, I was thinking they'd force me into a new plan, but I guess I can sign a new contract and get my discount without changing plans eh

well darn, that deadline was going to make my choice easier
Old 06-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

well since you're on Verizon I'll recommend the HTC trophy. everything u mentioned that u want ur phone to do the trophy does it very well, slacker radio and the Zune marketplace are really great to use. exchange works as well and if u don't want to see ur work emails on the weekend u can set it for notifications to not pop up and can even unpin that email account from the start screen. and as for being "locked down" its really not a big issue for me but the chevron team is about to release an unlock tool for a small fee which will hold u out until the mango update is released. with that said I now cast my vote for the last option on the poll.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DX2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

three west is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to three west

tnx eric

I really kinda want to like WP7, and if Verizon had the HD7, or maybe even the 7Pro and Mango was already out I'd probably sway that way.
We'll see, the guy I talked to at the local VZW brick & motar the other day had just gotten one so I'm curious to hear his take after carrying it for a couple weeks.
If they'll grandfather my unlimited data if I get a new phone later in the summer then maybe I'll wait, I don't need to change my plan at all.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by three west View Post
tnx eric

I really kinda want to like WP7, and if Verizon had the HD7, or maybe even the 7Pro and Mango was already out I'd probably sway that way.
We'll see, the guy I talked to at the local VZW brick & motar the other day had just gotten one so I'm curious to hear his take after carrying it for a couple weeks.
If they'll grandfather my unlimited data if I get a new phone later in the summer then maybe I'll wait, I don't need to change my plan at all.
well the mango beta is out now and it is quite impressive. and with the enhanced on screen keyboard it has there's really no need for a hardware one.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison